About the 2016-2017 Rose Marie Pangborn Sensory Science Scholarship in USA
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016-2017 Rose Marie Pangborn Sensory Science Scholarship in USA and all PhD research students are invited to apply.
Purdue University is inviting applications for a Ph.D. scholarship of $15,000 for the 2016-2017 academic year. The scholarship supports Ph.D. student to teach and conduct research in the area of sensory science at the University level.
This scholarship is awarded in honor of the memory of Professor Rose Marie Pangborn, who initiated the scholarship fund to encourage the education of Sensory Scientists intending to pursue academic careers.
Purdue University, located in West Lafayette, Indiana, United States is the flagship university of the six-campus Purdue University system.
Applicants must have their previous degree.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to a Ph.D. student.
Study Subject: Scholarship is available to teach and conduct research in the area of sensory science at the University level.
Scholarship Award: One $15,000 Sensory Science Scholarship will be awarded for the 2016-2017 academic year to support a Ph.D. student who intends to teach and conducts research in the area of sensory science at the University level.
Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility: Applicants for the scholarship must be enrolled in a Ph. D. program such as Food Science, Nutrition, Psychology or Physiology. The planned or on-going dissertation research must be on a sensory topic under the guidance of a sensory scientist. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their academic record, intended research in human sensory science, commitment to a career in teaching in the field of sensory science, and support determined by letters of recommendation.
Nationality: Students from the USA can apply for this Ph.D. scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: Not required
English Language Requirements: Not required
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.
- List your name, mailing address, campus address (If different from your mailing address), phone and e-mail
- List all colleges and universities attended. For each indicate:
) Name of institution
B.) Years in attendance
C.) Date and degree received
D.) Grade point average (GPA)
- GRE (Grad Record Exam) Scores (Attach a photocopy of scores if available).
- Current institution and program in which applicants are a Ph.D. candidate? (Provide address).
- Present GPA and the number of units taken towards this GPA.
- Include a copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (photocopies acceptable).
- Date applicants expect to complete graduate studies and receive your Ph.D.
- Please list the courses and degree requirements that applicants need to fulfill before graduation
- Please list the source and amount of all current scholarship or assistantship support.
- Please provide employment record since high school
- Please list all teaching assistantships
- List three references qualified to comment on academic and personal performance. For each, provide their name, title, mailing address, FAX, and e-mail.
- Enclose the three sealed (confidential) completed letters of recommendation
- Attach a sheet listing of publications
- Attach an essay
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 10, 2016.