About 2017 World Innovation Summit for Education WISE Awards
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 World Innovation Summit for Education WISE Awards.
The 2017 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
Representatives of projects are invited to submit applications to demonstrate the nature and reach of their activities. Nominations of projects are also invited. Past winning projects have addressed a wide range of concerns and pursuits, including access to quality education, life-long learning opportunities, and education in emergency contexts.
To date, the WISE Awards have recognized 48 projects for their innovative, transformative impact.
|Submission period||November 5, 2016 – January 17, 2017|
|Pre-Jury evaluation||February – March|
|Announcement of Finalists||June|
|Announcement of winning projects||September|
Value of Award
Each WISE Award winning project will receive $20,000 (US), and will benefit from increased public awareness through media exposure and other opportunities. The WISE Awards are not a grant aimed at supporting projects, nor are they intended to be a source of funding for new and untried ideas. Any such applications or nominations will not be considered.
- The 2017 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations. Existing education projects run by any type of organization in any education sector and from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
- Applications can only be for original works and original projects, and must be submitted by a project representative working within the project. All applicants must therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and cannot hold QATAR FOUNDATION liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
- Individuals who are not directly running the project can submit nominations. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form; QATAR FOUNDATION will keep this information confidential. Nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best complete the nomination form. However, QATAR FOUNDATION will only contact nominated projects if they are selected as Finalists following the Pre-Jury evaluation.
- Anyone who has submitted a previous application to the WISE Awards can submit a new application for the same – or for a different– project.
- Previous recipients of the WISE Awards are not eligible to apply for the 2017 WISE Awards. Moreover, others involved in the projects and/or activities that have received previous WISE Awards are not eligible to apply on behalf of the same project or activity.
How to Apply
1. Complete the application/nomination form in English as clearly as possible
2. Be precise in your responses; provide evidence and concrete examples
3. Numbers and data should be up-to-date and supported by verifiable evidence
4. In case of an application form, include contact details of two valid supporters
5. Provide real-life examples of beneficiaries when applicable
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>