If you’re studying at Sydney next year there are numerous scholarships in Sydney still open for new and current students across many study areas including engineering, the sciences, education, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, medicine, social work, engineering, and business.
Applications are also still open for equity scholarships for new and continuing students, exchange scholarships, honours scholarships, travel and exchange scholarships and even for a student intent on making Australia a better place.
Every year, we provide more than 700 scholarships worth more than $65 million, and that doesn’t include prizes or college and sporting scholarships. They’re funded through philanthropy, by individual faculties, the federal government or the University itself.
Many faculties also provide scholarships, awards and prizes to their most talented and hardest-working students.
Undergraduate scholarships generally range from $2000 for a single year to $60,000 for the duration of a degree. There are also cash prizes and awards including certificates, internship opportunities, travel funding, books, and vouchers.
Just a few of the scholarships still available include:
- UN Women National Committee Australia MBA Scholarship
- Faculty of Science Olympiad Scholarships for medal winners in biology, chemistry, earth science, geography, informatics, mathematics, and physics http://sydney.edu.au/science/olympiad-scholarship.php
- Walter and Eliza Hall Scholarships for education and social workhttp://sydney.edu.au/education_social_work/news_events/UG_schols.shtml
- The $20,000 Justice Peter Hely Scholarship for law students http://sydney.edu.au/law/scholarships/bachelor-laws-llb-students/index.shtml
- The $26,000 Beth Spence Scholarship for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) candidate in Sydney Nursing School
- Campus Infrastructure Services Scholarship In Project Management Leadership for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students http://sydney.edu.au/engineering/scholarships/undergraduate/future/indigenous.shtml
Madeline Greer (Bachelor of Commerce/Arts) said the Outstanding Achievement Scholarship she received had enabled her to move from her home in Dubbo to study in Sydney.
“My faculty scholarships also allowed me to study abroad in London and Shanghai, which added depth and real-world international experience to my degree,” she said.
For postgraduate research students, we offer a number of research awards and top-up schemes in addition to the Australian Postgraduate Award (for domestic students) and International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (for international research students).
There are also scholarships specifically for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, such as the Breadwinners’ Programme, mature-age students, elite athletes and performers, and undergraduate international students.
Scholarships vary in their closing dates. Find out what scholarships are now open or contact a faculty for more details.
Find out what scholarships are now open
Find out more about faculty scholarships