Applications are currently ongoing for the Bank of England Undergraduate Scholarships+Internships for African or Carribbean Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Eligible Candidates
- In which host country will I be studying?
- Field of Study
- What is the course level?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Number of Awardees
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last? of Scholarship: 3 years
- Please Note:
The scholarship offers financial support to students from Black or Mixed African or Caribbean backgrounds who will be starting their undergraduate degree courses at UK universities in the autumn of 2018.
When is the application deadline?
22nd January 2018.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
African, African American or Caribbean
In which host country will I be studying?
Field of Study
There are no specific degree courses that candidates need to be following. However, successful candidates will need to demonstrate an interest in the areas of the Bank’s work.
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The programme is open to:
- Students who are eligible to work and study in the UK
- Students from a Black or Mixed African or Caribbean background
- At least 104 UCAS points, (Pre 2017, 260 UCAS points)
- Household income below £50,000 (we will ask for evidence at a later stage)
- You must be planning to start your first full-time undergraduate degree in Autumn 2018
- The Assessment and Development Centre Interviews with Windsor Fellowship will be held during the period March – April 2018
- The final stage assessment, with the Bank of England will be during the last two weeks of April 2018
- Scholarship awards will be made by May 2018
Number of Awardees
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The programme will provide successful candidates with:
- Up to £30,000 to support living costs during your undergraduate degree.
- Paid summer internships.
- Mentoring, coaching and support from a member of our team.
Successful scholars do not need to be British Citizens but must be free from any time restrictions on their stay in the United Kingdom. The Bank is not able to apply for visas or work permits for successful candidates.
How long will the scholarship last? of Scholarship: 3 years
How to Apply
To apply for the African-Caribbean Scholarship please click here.
If you have a situation that you believe you would like to be considered for more than one programme in any given year, please email BankofEngland@penna.com for further discussion about your circumstances.