Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 African Peacebuilding Network (APN) Research Grants. Interested students should see the details below.
About the APN
Launched in March 2012, the African Peacebuilding Network (APN) supports independent African research on conflict-affected countries and neighboring regions of the continent, as well as the integration of African knowledge into global policy communities.
The African Peacebuilding Network (APN) of the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) invites applications from African researchers, policy analysts, and practitioners working on conflict and peacebuilding issues at universities and research institutions or regional governmental and nongovernmental organizations in Africa.
This program is created to enhance the quality and visibility of independent African peacebuilding research both regionally and globally, while making peacebuilding knowledge accessible to key policymakers and research centers of excellence in Africa and around the world.
Application Deadline: 5th January, 2018.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Research Grants
Number Of Awardees: Up to fifteen (15) individual grants of a maximum of $15,000 will be awarded.
Value Of Research: $15,000
Duration Of Research: Grants are awarded on a competitive, peer-reviewed basis and are intended to support six months of field-based research, from June 2017 to December 2017.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- be currently residing in an African country.
- hold a faculty or research position at an African university or research organization and have a PhD obtained after January 2007.
- be based in Africa at a regional or subregional institution, a government agency, or a nongovernmental, media, or civil society organization and have at least a Master’s degree obtained before January 2012, with at least five years of proven research and work experience in peacebuilding-related activities on the continent.
How To Apply: Click here to apply
The following are required during application;
- Completed Application Form
- Research Proposal & Bibliography
- Current CV
- Proposed Research Timeline
- Proposed Research Budget
- Two Reference Letters
- Language Evaluation(s) (if required)