Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy Grants for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy was established in 1997 by Irving Louis Horowitz and Mary E. Curtis as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Its general purpose is to support the advancement of research and understanding in the major fields of the social sciences. Its specific purpose is to provide small grants to aspiring PhD students at the dissertation level to support the research they are undertaking for their project.
The idea for the Foundation emerged from Irving Louis Horowitz’s experience working with doctoral students. He found that many faced financial barriers to completing their research. Dr. Horowitz initially provided assistance to these scholars personally, and later through Transaction Publishers’ Grants-in-Publication Program. After the termination of that program, the foundation was established in 1997. The first grants were issued in 1998.
The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy Grants invites applications from individuals who intends to seek for support for their study.
The aim of this program is:
- to support emerging scholars through small grants
- to promote scholarship with a social policy application
- to encourage projects that address contemporary issues in the social sciences
Application Deadline: 1st December 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Each grant is worth a total of $7,500—$5,000 is awarded initially and $2,500 upon completion of the project.
- The first installment of $5,000 is paid upfront to the grant recipient.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this grant program:
- be International students
- be Current PhD candidates who are working on their dissertation.
- have defended their dissertation proposal or had their topic approved by their department.
- have excellent results from previous educational program.
How To Apply: Click here to apply