About the 2016 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship and all respective interested postgraduate students are invited to apply.
As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on a Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree(s) from recognized universities in the following professional disciplines:
2. Medical Sciences (M.Sc. Public Health excluded)
3. Computer Science/Technology
6. Environmental Sciences
8. Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
9. Project Management
About the Provider – NDDC
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of southern Nigeria. In September 2008, President Umaru Yar’Adua announced the formation of a Niger Delta Ministry, with the Niger Delta Development Commission to become a parastatal under the ministry.
1. First Degree with minimum of 2 Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized university.
2. Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
3. Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
a. Member of National Assembly
b. Chairman of the LGA.
c. First class traditional ruler.
d. High Court Judge
5. Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
6. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
7. Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
How to Apply
1. Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website:
( www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
i Recent passport photograph
ii Local Government identification letter.
iii Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
iv Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
v N.Y.S.C Discharge Certificate.
2. Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
3. Print the hard copy of the on-line generatedacknowledgement for ease of reference.
4. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website, ( www.nddc.gov.ng )
5. For further enquiries please contact:
Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Mobile: 08034534598; 084668158
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday, April 22, 2016.