About the GoUNESCO Internship Program
What is GoUNESCO?
GoUNESCO makes heritage fun! GoUNESCO has inspired thousands of people to travel to world heritage sites and participate in fun travel challenges. GoUNESCO is a UNESCO New Delhi supported initiativethat makes heritage and culture more accessible, interesting and fun to everyone.
What is the GoUNESCO Internship Program?
The GoUNESCO Internship Program (GIP) is GoUNESCO’s global student outreach program. This 6 month program promotes awareness of heritage and culture among young people via fun, educative tasks.
What does one do as part of the GIP?
As part of the program, you will be assigned fun tasks which will make you aware of heritage. Please read about the tasks assigned to interns in the past and current sessions of the program here – link. Depending on your performance, skills and your area of specialization, you may be assigned to specific teams with additional responsibilities. Got any more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016 GoUNESCO Internship Program and all interested candidates are hereby informed of the opportunity.
Deadline: June 30th, 2016
No. of Posts: We will not restrict entry by numbers, course, grades, etc – the only thing that matters is your commitment.
Period of Appointment: July 12th 2016 to December 31th 2016.
Nature of Work: Online and offline
Time commitment: 1-5 hrs a week
Who should apply?
- Any undergraduate/postgraduate student, who has a passion for travelling and wants to do his part in the preservation of World Heritage Sites, is free to apply. Any such student, who is interested in our challenge and wants to make it his mission to light the same fire of adventure in other people’s hearts, should definitely apply.
- Applications are welcome from people of all nationalities, genders, ages – we do not discriminate.
- The program is primarily meant for college students but you can choose to join even if you are not one currently.
- This is an unpaid internship – there is no travel involved. All tasks are of either online or offline nature as explained in the first point. Offline tasks may involve you visiting heritage sites in your city.
Why should I apply?
- Selected candidates will be awarded an e-Certificate of Appreciation from GoUNESCO.
- Exclusive online workshops for skill building, interaction with heritage experts, photographers, travelers.
- Networking opportunity with students from across the world
- A great work experience.
Follow this procedure to upload your profile photo and article on gounesco.com
- For both, first sign up here: gounesco.com/login
- Upload profile photo: Click on ‘Edit profile‘ link in your profile page, upload your photo in the Avatar section and click on Update profile.
- Writing an article: Click on ‘Write Article‘ link in your profile page, upload photos, add a title to the article and add more details in the content area.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
- First, participate at a #makeheritagefun event in your city (see list here) and meet GoUNESCO Interns – past and present – on Sunday, the 12th of June at 4PM. These events are free and open to everyone so bring along your friends too! If there is no event in your city all you need to do is to visit and explore a local heritage site on Sunday, the 12th of June at 4PM.
- While at the heritage site, document your experience by taking photos and videos and then …
- …. share them on social media (by posting on instagram/facebook/twitter, etc) using the hashtag#makeheritagefun. You can also use this hashtag to view content that other participants across the country posted.
- After attending a #makeheritagefun event or visiting a local heritage site, write an article about the heritage location, and more importantly, your experience with the #makeheritagefun event andupload it at gounesco.com. You can add any number of pictures. Write as detailed an article as possible – instead of text, you can upload videos, embed slideshows, etc too. The main criteria for selection is the commitment we see in this activity. Do not copy from the internet, always credit if you use external images. Word limit – 800 words. Do this by the 30th of June.
- Fill this form with your details – link . Shortly after the deadline, we will get in touch and let you know if you’ve made it into the program!
Note: Your application is complete only if all five steps are complete. If you have any queries, email us at email@example.com.