American University of Beirut Scholarships: Applications are currently ongoing for the American University of Beirut MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for Sub-Saharan African Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
American University of Beirut MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
American University of Beirut (AUB) and The MasterCard Foundation have partnered to provide scholarships to students at the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS). This $9 million scholarship program will enable young adults who are sensitive to their communities’ concerns and proactive in their environment to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences at AUB. In addition to full scholarships and living expenses, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at AUB will benefit from intensive preparatory courses, mentoring, career counselling, and internships at institutions and organizations relevant to their field of study. A give-back component is incorporated into the program, which allows students to contribute to their communities through several volunteer projects and activities.
American University of Beirut MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program are running Masters Scholarships for students in Sub-saharan Africa 2019/2020.
When is the application deadline?
18th March, 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Graduate scholarships are open to:
- Nationals of Africa
- Nationals of Lebanon
- Refugee and displaced living in Lebanon
Undergraduate scholarships are open to nationals of Lebanon
or refugee and displaced living in LebanonSelection and admission are based on:
- Academic promise
- Financial disadvantage
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars will be offered:
- Full tuition scholarships
- Books and computer
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Close supervision and academic support
- Community engagement opportunities
How to Apply for the American University of Beirut Scholarships
- Complete the AUB Online Graduate Application Form after creating an account.
- Upload supporting documents as per the requirements indicated on the online application.
- If residing in Lebanon (Lebanese and non-Lebanese), fill out the online Graduate Financial Application specific to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (available here) by March 18, 2019.
- If applying from Africa, fill out the online Graduate Financial Application specific to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (available here) by March 18, 2019.