Applications are invited for the 2020 Africa plant nutrition scholarship program. See details on how to apply below.
Ten deserving African students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship program in order to pursue a degree program in any African Institution. The Award will be granted independent of any assistantship, scholarship, or other award that the student currently holds.
The 2021 African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award Program will offer ten (10) awards of $2,000 (U.S. Dollars) to M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition. Students must also be attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
Application Deadline:31st May 2021.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: USD $2,000 each.
Graduate students are eligible if they are:
- Currently attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. degrees, who are currently enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil and plant sciences (including agronomy, horticulture, ecology, soil fertility, soil chemistry, crop physiology, environmental science, and other areas related to crop nutrition) are encouraged to apply.
- Past winners of the Award are not eligible.
How to Apply for Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship
- The application is only available on-line here at www.apni.net/scholar-apply
- In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all university work, including cumulative and final grade records (GPA or percentile).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance.
- A brief description of any additional information that may be relevant to the award (such as honours or awards you have received, employment history, career goals, and other activities you pursue).
- You will be required to upload documents during the online application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information