Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Programme Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Programme for African Scholars (Fully-funded to University of Oxford). Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Programme Details and FAQs
- Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Programme Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the Programme?
- How to Apply for the Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Programme
The AfOx Visiting Fellows Programme is designed to enhance academic mobility and network building. Applicants should provide details of an Oxford university host i.e. someone with an academic/research post in Oxford in the applicant’s field of interest who will work with them to maximise the usefulness of the time spent in Oxford. This may be an existing academic collaborator or a new potential collaborator with whom the applicant has established contact before applying for the Fellowship.
The Programme supports African scholars and researchers working in any discipline to spend periods of flexible time in Oxford, for example as sabbatical leave for utilising library or other university facilities or undertaking or planning collaborative research with Oxford based colleagues.
When is the application deadline?
25th March, 2019 (Midnight GMT)
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
University of Oxford, UK
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
– Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
– Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
– With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
What are the selection criteria?
Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
What are the benefits of the award?
The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College. A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency. The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
What is the duration of the Programme?
The fellowships will be undertaken for 4 to 6 weeks between July and September 2019. Under exceptional circumstances, start dates outside this time period will be considered. Please be aware that applications will be reviewed, in part, on the basis of the work you intend to achieve in the timescale you set out.
How to Apply for the Africa Oxford (AfOx) Visiting Fellows Programme
- There are three fellowship schemes being offered for 2019.Please read full details about each fellowship below and select one to apply to.
- Note that we will only accept one application, so do not apply for more than one fellowship.