Aalto University Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Aalto University Scholarships in Finland for International Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Aalto University Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Aalto University Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the programme?
- How to Apply for the Aalto University Scholarships
Aalto University Scholarship programme seeks to recognise talented non-EU/EEA students. Aalto University scholarships are merit-based and are granted on a competitive basis. The number of scholarships per degree programme is limited and depends on the overall number of selected non-EU/EEA students per degree programme.
Scholarships are allocated during the academic evaluation stage as part of the admissions process of a specific study option. The best applicants of a specific study option liable to tuition fees may be awarded a scholarship. For academic evaluation criteria of the study option, please see the study option website.
When is the application deadline?
1st February 2019
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Only students who are liable to pay tuition fees at Aalto University can apply for Aalto University scholarships (i.e. tuition fee waivers).
What are the benefits of the award?
- Aalto University scholarships cover either 50 % (Category B) or 100 % (Category A) of the tuition fee. Aalto University scholarships are awarded as tuition fee waivers.
- At the moment, Aalto University does not offer any university-wide scholarships to cover living costs in Finland. Students are expected to cover all living expenses (app. 800 EUR per month) and other study related costs from their own financial resources.
What is the duration of the programme?
Scholarships are granted for the normative period of study of the degree programme. The normative study period is three (3) years full-time study for bachelor’s degree and two (2) years full-time study for master’s degree. Scholarship requires full-time study and studying according to the approved personal study plan.
How to Apply for the Aalto University Scholarships
If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you can apply for the scholarship at the same time you apply for your preferred study option with the same application form during the application period. In the application form for the study option, you will be asked questions by which your liability to fees is determined. If you are considered liable to a tuition fee, you will be offered an option to apply or not apply for a Aalto University Scholarship. It is not possible to apply for the scholarship after the application period has ended.