About 2017/2018 Google Scholarships in Computer Science for Students with Disabilities
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017/2018 Google Scholarships in Computer Science for Students with Disabilities.
Access to knowledge is our passion. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, we don’t want anything to stand in the way.
That’s why we’re proud to present the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities.
Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for Computer Science students with disabilities. As part of our commitment, we’ve partnered with Employability, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
December 1, 2016
Value of Scholarship
Recipients of the Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will each receive a €7,000 scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s academic background, leadership skills and demonstrated passion for Computer Science.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled at a university in Europe for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- Have a disability (deﬁned as a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider a daily function). This deﬁnition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists.
How to Apply
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application through EmployAbility which includes:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current and intended universities for the 2017-2018 school year)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to essay questions
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>