About Clark University Global Scholars Programme for International Students
The Global Scholars Program builds on Clark University’s long-standing commitment to provide a challenging education with a global focus. The Clark Univeristy Global Scholars Program (GSP) is a special program for incoming international students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in their home communities before attending Clark. Global scholars receive guidance and opportunities to build on their leadership skills so they can make a difference at Clark, in the Worcester area, and in the global community.
15th January, 2017: International applicants (those applying to Clark for fall 2017)
Value of Scholarship
If admitted to the Global Scholars Program, you will:
- Receive a scholarship of no less than $5,000 per year ($20,000 for four years, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal).
- Receive a guaranteed $2,500 taxable stipend for a paid internship or research assistantship taken for academic credit during the summer following your sophomore or junior year.
- Participate in the Global Scholars Mentor Program, including an annual buffet dinner hosted by the president of Clark University. You will be assigned to a faculty adviser, as well as receive guidance from staff or alumni leadership mentors.
- You must be a first-year applicant (not a transfer student) who has attended school overseas for at least four years. Clark also will consider international citizens attending school in the United States.
- You also should have demonstrated the potential to provide leadership in your community and the world and to commit to making a difference.
- maintain an annual GPA of at least a 3.0. Failure to do so may result in a decrease or loss of Global Scholar scholarship.
How to Apply
To apply for this program, international candidates must submit the College Board Profile form by 15th of January 2017
For more information on the program and to view profiles of current Global Scholars, please visit the International Students and Scholars Office.
Click the link below to visit the Scholarship official page for more information.