About 2017 Western Australian Government Scholarships for International Students
Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia is offering scholarships for international and domestic applicants. These scholarships are awarded to undertake higher degrees by research at universities in Western Australia.
The purpose of these scholarships is to support graduate research training in disciplines underpinning the Minerals Industry in Western Australia by enabling students of exceptional research promise to undertake higher degrees by research at universities in Western Australia.
The Minerals and Energy Research Institute of Western Australia is a statutory body established by the Western Australian Government Minerals and Energy Research Act 1987 to encourage the development of the minerals and energy industries within the State.
Closing dates as per university. The overall closing date for MRIWA, 31 October 2016.
Value of Scholarship
- 4 PhD research scholarships @ no less than $30,000 annually
- 1 Directors PhD scholarship @ no less than $40,000
The main requirement of this MRIWA Scholarship is that candidates must have been accepted for enrollment to the university before applying for any MRIWA scholarship.
How to Apply
Application Process – Obligatory
- Formal application for enrolment and scholarship through each university’s enrolment/application portal: Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and The University of Western Australia &
- Expression of Interest necessary to MRIWA at penny.atkins-at-mriwa.wa.gov.au, as early as possible and no later than October 31, 2016.
EOI to include
- Name, residential address, contact telephone number and email
- University Academic Record
- Letters of reference from 2 academics familiar with your career
- One-page description of research proposal with a signed endorsement from proposed research supervisor, with their university and faculty
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>