About 2017 University of Waikato Research Masters Scholarship in New Zealand
The University of Waikato is pleased to offer research masters scholarship to study in New Zealand. The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
October 31st 2017
Value of Scholarship
The Scholarship will have a value of $12,000 for 90 point theses and $15,000 for 120 point theses or more.
$4,500 is applied directly to the tuition fees for the research component of the master’s degree.
The remainder of the Scholarship will be paid in three installments.
- The first installment will be paid two weeks after enrollment in the thesis OR as soon as arrangements can be made after the awarding of the Scholarship should the recipient have already completed more than two weeks of study.
- The second installment will be paid after four months of study.
- The final installment will be paid after eight months of study.
- Should a student hold another fees scholarship for their master’s thesis, the University of Waikato Research Masters Scholarship will pay the balance of any fees (up to $4,500); however, the student will forgo any unused balance of this Scholarship’s fees component.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applicants are expected to have applied to enroll or be planning to enroll, full-time in a thesis of 90-points or more1 as part of their first master’s degree at the University of Waikato.
- Applicants must commence their thesis within six months of the application closing date.
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- International students must have completed at least 120 points at any New Zealand University.
How to Apply
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>