About 2017 School of Medicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship at Stanford University in USA
The School of Medicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowships encourage and support young investigators in the first two years of their postdoctoral (Ph.D. or M.D.) research training at the School of Medicine and who are under the mentorship of faculty in the School of Medicine. With the goal to support current postdocs and to facilitate the recruitment of new scholars, support of a Dean’s fellowship is often used as “seed” money while outside funds are sought.
The School of Medicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowships encourages and support young investigators in the first two years of their postdoctoral (Ph.D. or M.D.) research training at the School of Medicine and who are under the mentorship of faculty in the School of Medicine. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
November 1st 2016
Value of Award
Fellows are awarded up to $25,800 per year for stipend support only. Funding starts January 1 for the Fall Cycle and July 1 for the Spring Cycle. If the postdoctoral scholar currently has other fellowships or has applied to fellowships that may be awarded the Dean’s Fellowship award year, the full disclosure of the amounts and dates of the other award(s) must be made on the BioSketch form.
- The applicant must be appointed as a postdoctoral scholar at the Stanford University School of Medicine at the time the award begins. If the applicant is not an appointed scholar at the time of the application deadline, additional documents must be submitted with the application.
- The faculty sponsor must be appointed in the School of Medicine. (Acting, consulting and courtesy appointees are not eligible.)
- Awardees cannot be enrolled in a degree-granting program while funded.
- Applicants in the first one or two years of postdoctoral research training are preferred.
- Foreign fellows must have visas that allow stipend support (typically a J-1 & F-1 OPT). H1-B and TN visa holders are not eligible. Citizenship is not a selection factor.
- Proposals for second-year funding: This is a one-year fellowship. Because of the size of the pool the committee will no longer review second year applications.
How to Apply
A complete application must be submitted online by the deadline.
Please carefully read the selection criteria, eligibility criteria, program participation requirements, and funding guidelines on the application page before starting the application process.
A complete application consists of:
- Complete online application form
- Applicant’s NIH Biosketch
- Research proposal: (uploaded by applicant online): Two page limit, including any graphics or charts. The research proposal must be written by the fellow and reviewed by the faculty sponsor. These two pages should include a brief statement of proposed investigation in the following sections: Background, Goals, Hypothesis, and Experimental methods). Formatting guidelines require at least 1-inch margins at the top, bottom, left and right; and 12 point or larger font. Include title of project on both pages and number pages. References may only be included if they are part of your two-page proposal.
- Faculty Sponsor Recommendation & Agreement
- Offer Letter – only if not appointed as a postdoctoral scholar in the School of Medicine
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>