About 2017 Quebec Government Research Internship for International Students
The FRQNT’s (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies) international internship aims to foster international mobility of students whose research activities are part of the scientific program of a strategic cluster funded by the FRQNT.
The internship is a supplementary tool available to a strategic cluster to strengthen its position at the international level through research projects and partnerships that have already been established or which are under development.
1st March, 2017, 11:59 PM
The internship must start no later than March 31, 2017.
Value of Internships
The scholarship for internship is of a maximum value of $15,000. However, the FRQNT will allow no more than the equivalent of $2,500/month in living expenses and will permit internship expenses (ex.: airfare, room rental agreement, etc.) to be covered by the strategic cluster.
- All of the strategic clusters supported by the FRQNT may submit an application to this program.
- The applicant proposed by the strategic cluster must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed here after.
- The applicant must have the valid study permits or visa for the entire duration of the internship;\
- The applicant can’t be enrolled in a co-degree from more than one institution including a Québec university. For the students enrolled in a co-degree see the rules of the Frontenac program.
- Students who are jointly supervised by a researcher in a foreign university (co-degree) are not eligible to apply for an international internship scholarship to visit one of their home universities.
Candidates are selected by the strategic clusters which recommend them to the FRQNT. It is the FRQNT that makes the final decision on the grants to be awarded under the international internship program. The allocation of internships by the FRQNT is made on a first come, first served basis and the funds available for this programme.
The FRQNT reserves itself the right to refuse any application that does not meet eligibility requirements or for which the selection committee report is not sufficiently detailed.
- Each strategic cluster may generally submit up to two applications during the period up to March 31, 2017.
- This limit can be re-examined and increased at all time until March 31, 2017.
- Each strategic cluster can propose the application of no more than one foreign student enrolled outside Québec so he/she can pursue its internship within the strategic cluster.
- The same rules for evaluating candidates, duration of the course and the value of scholarship apply to application. The application of a foreign student enrolled outside Québec doesn’t modify the total limit of two candidates per cluster.
- The academic excellence and research aptitude of the candidate: 50 points
- The correspondence of the internship with the scientific program of the cluster’s: 25 points
- The insertion of the internship in international action of the strategic cluster: 25 points
How to Apply
- Candidates interested within this program must file their application within their strategic cluster (see list on FRQNT’s Web Site) Validate the list of documents required for this application with the specific strategic cluster.
- The strategic clusters which recommend a candidate must fill the specific form available on FRQNT’s Web site as well as transmit it electronically. The form includes the complete addresses of the student, the academic supervisor, and the internship supervisor. A brief description of the nature of the internship is also required.
- The strategic clusters must also submit the selection committee report that states the results for each of the three criteria in effect, the assessment process and the names of the committee members.
- The strategic clusters must also send in the electronic form, a letter signed by the supervisor of the student specifying the start and end dates of the internship.
- Any internship application must be filed by the strategic cluster and approved by the FRQNT before the leaving of the trainee.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>