About 2017 PhD Position in Mathematics at University of Southern Denmark
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 PhD Position in Mathematics at University of Southern Denmark.
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark hereby opens a position as PhD student with starting date 1 February 2017 or soon thereafter. Application deadline: 8 December 2016.
The student is expected to be part of the research group in analysis and work under the supervision of David Kyed within the areas of operator algebras and/or geometric group theory. The analysis group at SDU currently consists of W. Szymanski, D. Kyed, J. Kaad, S. Barlak, M.R. Solano and J. Koivisto and its research covers various aspects of operator algebras, non-commutative geometry and geometric group theory.
Candidates who have completed 60 ECTS of a master’s programme in mathematics by the time of enrolment can be enrolled via the 4+4 scheme and candidates who have already completed a master’s programme in mathematics will be enrolled via the 5+3 scheme.
December 8, 2016
Value of Scholarship
Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three (students who have completed their MSc) or four years (students who have not yet completed their MSc). Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Candidates who have completed 60 ECTS of a master’s programme in mathematics by the time of enrolment can be enrolled via the 4+4 scheme and candidates who have already completed a master’s programme in mathematics will be enrolled via the 5+3 scheme.
- The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 10 November 2015 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
- The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
- The university encourages all persons interested in the position to apply, regardless of their age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online. Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: anc-at-sdu.dk mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>