About 2017 Nestle Nutrition Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Professionals
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 Nestle Nutrition Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Professionals.
Value of Fellowship
To attend a training program on research skills and knowledge.
Such program could include, but is not limited to: learning a specific laboratory technique, statistics, nutrition, etc. The NNI grant up to 40’000 CHF can be used to pay course registration fees, round trip travel to the host institution, lodging and living expenses and health insurance coverage for the duration of the course. The amount of 40’000 CHF applies for the longer length projects (12 months). A proportion of this amount will be paid to shorter duration projects. The NNI grant will be given to the Host Institution which will disburse it to the fellow. In no case will any money be given directly from the NNI to the fellow.
- Fellowships are available for post graduate qualifications only.
- Fellow has to be affiliated with an academic/clinical institution
- Potential candidates should submit an application describing their interest in participating in the NNI Research training Fellowship.
- The application form must be accompanied by the following:
- 1. Details of their current level of training,
- 2. Curriculum Vitae,
- 3. A plan of the proposed training/activity clearly indicating its specific outcomes and
- 4. Two letters of recommendation (1 from the institution where the candidate is working and 1 from the host institution*).
- 5. Letter stating intent to return to the home country upon completion of the training program.
*Host Institution (Sites) – any scientific institution offering a program in the fields of Maternal and/or Child Health and Nutrition
- Fellowships are available for post graduate qualifications only
- Applicant has to be affiliated with an academic/clinical institution
- Successful candidates will be required to start their training within 1 year of being notified of the fellowship award
- Duration of the support for the research training lasts for a maximum of 12 months
- Upon certification, fellowship awardees must return to their home countries.
The Panel will not accept applications, which are submitted by:
- Candidates who have already spent more than 12 months outside their home country during the 3 years preceding the application. Exceptions could be made if the applicant can justify how this additional training will supplement the one(s) already obtained
- Candidates who have already left their country at the time of applying for the fellowship
- Candidates who have completed more than one half of any training programme they may already be enrolled in
- Candidates who, at the time of submitting their application, already have a grant from any other training program
- Applications will not be entertained if the applicant’s home country law prohibits the nature of this activity.
How to Apply
- Applications should be sent by email to NNI@nestle.com or by fax to + 41 21 924 2836.
- Applicants should plan to start their program not sooner than 3 months after the application deadline to give time for approval process and administrative arrangements with a host institution.
- Applicants are urged to submit only one application and for a single programme. If you have more than one project, decide which is your best option and submit that one.
- Applications without all documentation, including a letter of acceptance by the faculty at the hosting institution will not be considered.
For more information, click here to visit the official website>>