About 2017 Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Excellence Scholarships in Australia
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Excellence Scholarships in Australia.
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage and assist first year students to study information and communications technology.
January 23, 2017
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship is open to current Year 12 and gap year students who:
- are Australian students or Permanent Residents of Australia, or
- are international students who have completed years 11-12 in Australia; and
- do not hold another similar scholarship; and
- intend to enrol in one of the following programs in the year of the award:
- Bachelor of Information Technology; or
- Bachelor of Multimedia Design; or
- Bachelor of Engineering; or
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours); or
- a dual program which includes any of the above programs.
Please note – students enrolling in either the Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) must be enrolled in one of the following fields to be eligible for consideration for one of these scholarships:
- Computer Science; or
- Electrical Engineering; or
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering; or
- Electrical and Computer Engineering; or
- Mechatronic Engineering; or
- Software Engineering
The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing the greatest merit based on –
- academic achievement in secondary school studies; and
- an interest in studying ICT, as evidenced by a cover letter, short personal statement and a resume; and
- personal qualities, including leadership skills and extra-curricular activities; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success in the ICT profession.
How to Apply
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
ICT Excellence Rules approved 8.11.2016.pdf
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>