About 2017 Graduate School of CAAS Scholarships for International Students in China
Application is currently ongoing for the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CAAS scholarships for international students.
GSCAASS is established by GSCAAS to sponsor international students and scholars with outstanding academic performance to pursue higher education in CAAS.Those who have received scholarships from Chinese government or Beijing government are not eligible for the scholarship.
- December 31, 2016 for enrollment of the spring semester
- April 30, 2017 for enrollment of autumn semester.
Value of Scholarship
- A fee waiver of registration, tuition, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks. Cost of experiments or internships beyond the program curriculum is at student’s own expense. Cost of books or learning materials other than required basic textbooks is at student’s own expense.
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation(supported by host supervisor).
- Research Assistantship (per month, supported by host supervisor):
- Master’s students & general scholars: 3,000 RMB;
- Doctoral students & senior scholars: 3,500 RMB.
- Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance provided by GSCAAS.
Those who have received scholarships from Chinese government or Beijing government are not eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Please submit the following materials in one package both in soft copy and hard copy, incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
- Application Form for Study in CAAS ( Download the attachment);
- Photocopy of passport (at least 2 years validity) personal information page;
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy);
- Academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two reference letters from two Professors or experts with equal titles in related fields;
- CV and research proposal (no less than 400 words for visiting scholars, no less than 500 words for postgraduates);
- Photocopies of degree thesis abstract(Full paper needed if it is written in English) and representative academic papers;
- Verification of current employer or working unit(NOC letter);
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Please take health examination in the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy);
- Acceptance letter. Applicants with an acceptance letter from CAAS professors are preferred.
Note: All application documents are non-refundable regardless of the applicant’s admission status.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>