About 2017 Fully-Funded PhD Fellowships for International Students in Germany
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 Fully-Funded PhD Fellowships for International Students in Germany.
The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research offers an international research environment and is characterized by outstanding ageing research, excellent supervision, early independence in research and state-of-the-art facilities. We are dedicated to providing first-class conditions for young scientists in a cutting edge and inspiring environment. Our competitive Ph.D. programme provides a world-class starting platform for a successful career in science.
The programme is highly selective and invites outstanding university graduates wishing to work towards a Ph.D. in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases to become part of the vibrant and international research scene in the Cologne/Bonn area.
Advance your career with a doctoral degree from the CGA!
The online application platform for our PhD positions starting between June until October 2017 is currently open. The application deadline is January 15, 2017
Value of Scholarship
University will offer
- An outstanding international research environment at one of the most prestigious ageing research clusters in Europe
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- D. projects that can be carried out in up to 55 participating research groups of the above-mentioned institutes
- An interdisciplinary and structured Ph.D. programme in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany, completely conducted in English
- An individual 3-year career mentoring programme, extensive methods courses and soft skill workshops
- Intensive support and guidance for international students in all administrative matters
University is looking for
- Highly qualified and motivated students holding an M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Cell/ Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Translational Medicine or a related field
- A new generation of biomedical scientists who will make fundamental scientific discoveries in the basic biology of ageing and may translate them into improvements in health and life for people as they grow older.
- Furthermore, candidates require excellent written and spoken English skills (C1 level).
How to Apply
To apply or to obtain further information about the programme and the partner institutes, please apply online via the application platform.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>