Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 David Oyedepo Foundation Special Undergraduate Scholarship Award. Interested students should see details below.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award program is one of our major platforms for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals which involves creating a better life for humanity, with a focus on the African continent.
The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries.
This award would serve to grant opportunities to individuals from indigent families to have access to quality education in Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
June 15th 2017
David Oyedepo Foundation
Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria
Programs covered by the DOF Special Scholarship Award are:
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information & Communications Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Applied Biology and Biotechnology
- Computer Science
- Animal Science
- Soil Science
- Crop Science
- Agricultural And Biosystem Engineering
- Electrical And Information Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The scholarships are open to citizens and residents of African Countries
- Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
- 1 round trip ticket throughout duration of study
- Monthly upkeep allowance
The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
The David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is open to Young Africans who:
- Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017.
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are not Nigerian citizens
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in oral and written English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- 70% recorded average or 3.5GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University (Scholarships would not be awarded until proof of admission to Landmark University is provided at the end of the competition).
- In good health.
- Not already enrolled in undergraduate degree programs
Terms and Conditions
Scholars must meet set DOF criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed at the commencement of each new session.
- Maintain 3.0 CGPA at the end of each session.
- Volunteer for 6 weeks in an organization committed to social impact during the long summer holiday.
- Carry out a community development project each year which can occur at any time during the year but must be in the scholar’s local community.
- Maintain a high standard of character in line with the University’s requirement throughout duration of study within and outside the school premises.
How to Apply
- Applicants should visit the foundation’s website http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission to Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.
The Foundation does not secure admission to Covenant or Landmark University. All admission to each University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. All inquiry for admission can be directed to the University through their websites www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng and www.landmarkuniversity.edu.ng.
Scholarship Award is CONDITIONAL on University admission. All VISA processing would be handled by the applicant and ticket details would only be sent across after proof of Secured Student VISA has been sent to the Foundation after award has been granted.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of satisfactory scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence home country with skills learned and capacities developed.
Official Scholarship Website: http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship/
For further enquiry send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Thursday 15th June, 2017. Applications must be submitted online at http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Email submissions will be disregarded.