Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 Coventry University Future Global Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship for international students interested in studying in the UK. See details below.
Chosen by the Coventry University Deputy Vice Chancellor (International Development), Professor David Pilsbury, the successful recipients of the Global Leaders Scholarship will be awarded to three aspirational international students who can demonstrate their drive and ambition to become international global leaders of the future.
5 awards each totaling a maximum of £10,000 are available in this category. Payments will be £3,000 per year towards tuition fees, with a further £1,000 being awarded to students who go on to achieve a first class degree.
30th June 2017
Coventry University UK
Undergraduate courses offered at the university
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international fee paying student
- Be a self-funded student
- Have been offered a place to study at one of Coventry University’s full-time undergraduate courses
- Hold at least two of three A-levels at grade A (or hold equivalent qualifications).
- Submit a scholarship application including a statement of support which should not exceed 500 words prior to the application deadline of 25th July 2016.
- Your statement of support should state succinctly the outstanding leadership skills that you have demonstrated prior to study in addition to how you will use the knowledge gained from your chosen degree programme to become a future global leader.
- Scholarships will be awarded to the 5 most ambitious students who are able to demonstrate true leadership skills prior to coming to Coventry University as well as their global leadership aspirations for the future.
- Members of the International Office will consider each application on its merits to create a shortlist. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by Deputy Vice Chancellor International, Professor David Pilsbury.
- Only applications made through the application process detailed above will be considered.
Number of Scholarships
Scholarship Value and Benefits
A maximum of £10,000 are available in this category. Payments will be £3,000 per year towards tuition fees, with a further £1,000 being awarded to students who go on to achieve a first class degree.
Continuing funding over years 2 and 3 is subject to students passing each year with a minimum average grade of 55% and satisfactory attendance.
How to Apply
Students wishing to apply for a scholarship should submit a scholarship application including a statement of support which should not exceed 500 words prior to the application deadline of 30th June 2017 (for September entry).
Only applications received by the deadline will be considered and the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s (International Development’s) decision is final. If you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.