Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 Covenant University Postgraduate Scholarship Award for Young African Students. Interested students should see details below.
David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) is offering the Covenant University Postgraduate Scholarship Award to citizens and residents of African Countries.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Covenant University Postgraduate scholarship award is one of our major platforms for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship, which grants students the
opportunity to study in Covenant University, Nigeria seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries.
In addition to maintaining a high academic standard and demonstrating a commitment to continuous capacity development as leaders, students on the scholarship would be expected to carry out a community development project and would be expected to work in a social impact driven organization each summer for a 6-week period as a volunteer under standard work conditions.
30th June 2017
Covenant University, Nigeria
Eligible Field of Study
Programs covered by the DOF CU Postgraduate Scholarship Award are:
- International Relations
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Physics
- Computer Science
- Industrial Physics
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The DOF CU Postgraduate Scholarship Award is open to Young Africans who:
1. Are eligible to commence postgraduate studies in 2017.
2. Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
3. Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
4. Are proficient in oral and written English
5. Have a record of exceptional performance at the Undergraduate school level which is benchmarked by
a First-Class CGPA from any accredited and approved University.
6. Already have begun admission applications to a Master’s degree program in Covenant University.
7. In good health.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Applicant must not be older than 30 years of age by September 2017.
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
How to Apply
Applicants should visit the foundation’s website:
Read the application instructions and complete the offline application. To submit, you are to send an email containing the scanned copy of the application form, CV as well as the essays in doc, docx or pdf formats.
- The subject of the application submission email is to be in this format: PG SCHOLARSHIP – NAME OF APPLICANT (SURNAME FIRST), e.g. PG SCHOLARSHIP – JOHNSON PETERS.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission/Studentship is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.