About 2017 Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships for Foreign Students.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme. The scholarship awards will provide applicants the opportunity to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] and Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Applications are invited for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships available for foreign students to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University [UNISSA], Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] and Politeknik Brunei (PB) in Brunei. These scholarships are awarded to the students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme.
March 13, 2017
Value of Scholarship
The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
- Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceed 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31 July 2017.
- The award is not eligible, to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam.
How to Apply
Application forms can be obtained from the Brunei Darussalam Foreign Missions and representatives of Brunei Darussalam or from the Technical Assistance Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
For more information, click here to visit the official website>>