About 2017 BMCE Bank of Africa – African Entrepreneurship Award
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 BMCE Bank of Africa – African Entrepreneurship Award .
Are you dreaming of launching or growing your business idea in your community? Join the thousands of women (and men) entrepreneurs creating jobs all over Africa and submit your idea for a chance to share in the $1 million award.
At the African Entrepreneurship Award, know your business idea is safe, your time is respected, and your mentorship is our key priority. In 2015, just 25% of our business proposals came from women. For 2016, we want to change that.
April 28, 2017
You, the entrepreneur, must meet the following criteria as you submit your business proposal:
- You must be a citizen of an African country
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old as of October 1, 2016
- Your business must be applicable in an African country
- Your business proposal must include a technological component (digital, machinery, computers, ICT, automated processes, field related technologies, etc.)
- Your business must be for profit.
- You can submit a proposal as a resident of any country worldwide – keeping in mind that you must be a citizen of an African country
- For example, a resident of the United Arab Emirates with Egyptian citizenship is eligible for this Award
- Your business can operate in any African country even if you are not a citizen of that country
- For example, you can submit a proposal for a different country in Africa than your personal, African citizenship (e.g. a Ghanaian citizen can submit a proposal for a business in Liberia)
- You can submit a proposal for a business already in operation
- Your business can operate across borders in multiple African countries
- Your business should demonstrate the potential to scale beyond one region in Africa to pan-African impact
- You can operate in multiple countries, but you will be asked to designate a primary community in Africa that will benefit or be impacted by your business.
Area of Interest
Your business must be relevant to one of these categories:
- Education – positively impact education in Africa
- Environment – positively impact the environment in Africa
- Uncharted– a high-impact business venturing into unexplored territory or untested markets
How to Apply
Submit your business idea beginning February 17, 2017 through April 28, 2017. Soon after you submit a completed proposal, a mentor will be in touch with you, guiding you to bettering your idea. And yes, if you have a better idea, you can resubmit it at least once before April 28, 2017.
You can submit a business proposal in one or two of the three Award categories: Education, Environment, or Uncharted
For more information, click here to visit the official website>>