About 2017 Avondale International Merit Scholarships in Australia
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 Avondale International Merit Scholarships in Australia.
Avondale is committed to nurturing students who excel in academic achievement, music and fine arts, mission
outreach, sporting achievement and student leadership. Two International Merit Scholarships are available to
international students who qualify and enrol in one of Avondale’s undergraduate or Vocational Education and
Training (VET) courses.
Applications should be submitted no later than enrollment for semester 1 or semester 2 2017.
Value of Scholarship
The Avondale International Merit Scholarship is worth $2,000 ($1,000 per semester) for the first year of study
and $1,500 ($750 per semester) in each successive year in an undergraduate or Vocational Education and
Training (VET) course to a maximum of $6,500.
This scholarship is available to students commencing an undergraduate or VET course. Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.5 (scale of 4) or equivalent and excel in at least one of the following areas: school leadership, music performance or fine arts, sportsmanship and sporting achievements, spiritual mentoring, worship leadership, volunteer support roles or community/mission outreach.
How to Apply
- Applications are to be submitted on the International Merit Scholarship Application form, and no later than enrolment for Semester 1 or Semester 2;
- Applicants must submit official verification of their GPA or equivalent for the period immediately preceding intended enrolment at Avondale as soon as practicable after those results are published;
- Applicants must submit a description of involvement in service and leadership activities and achievements in school, church and/or community along with the application;
- Applicants must attach a reference from their school principal/teacher, church or community supervisor validating their achievements;
- In some cases, Avondale will contact a person who knows the applicant well. Applicants are to provide the name and phone number of two people, such as a school teacher, pastor or employer, who is willing to provide a character reference for them;
- The offer is made subject to all normal admission requirements being met and can be accepted once normal application procedures are complete.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>