About 2017 Architecture, Construction & Surveying Merit Scholarships for International Students in UK
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 Architecture, Construction & Surveying Merit Scholarships for International Students at Robert Gordon University, UK.
The Scott Sutherland School of Architecture and Built Environment is pleased to offer a number of merit scholarships to outstanding students who wish to study at the School from January 2017.
January 20, 2017
Value of Scholarship
- These can be applied for by students in receipt of an offer for MSc Commercial Practice for the Energy Sectors or MSc Construction Project Management. These awards are for £3,000.
The School’s award panel will meet week commencing 23 January 2017 to consider all eligible scholarship applications received by the due date.
The School will assess all applications against the following criteria:
- Previous academic record and your suitability for postgraduate study in School, ie:
- Class of degree / CGPA / final score of first degree
- Relevance of your first degree to the course you are applying for
- The standing of the previous academic institution attended
- Any prizes or awards given to you in your first degree
- Portfolio (PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies only)
- Relevant industrial or professional experience
- Evidence of workplace experience that is relevant to the course you are applying for
- Personal achievements – evidence of personal achievements in your life to date which indicate your ability to contribute to the wider life of the University community during your studies and the professional community that you will be joining on graduation.
- In the event that 2 applications are scored identically and only one award is available, the panel will award the scholarship to the first application received, using the date of receipt in the University as the relevant date.
How to Apply
- We must receive your completed application no later than 20 January 2017.
- Please note that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study on an eligible course at the School commencing January 2017.
- As part of the application process you are required to write a short statement in support of your application, which should address the following points:
- Why you are applying for the scholarship
- How you will benefit from the opportunities that being given the award will provide
- How you would contribute to the University community during your studies here
- You may refer to activities, achievements and personal qualities which are particularly relevant to your application.
- You should also include:
- A scanned transcript of your highest academic qualification
- A scanned copy of your IELTS/TOEFL certificate or other English language qualification
- A scanned copy of your University offer letter (or email if you have not received your letter)
- A portfolio of relevant work if applying for PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies
- Applications must be complete. Applications which are incomplete, missing required data or are illegible will be considered invalid. You may only apply for an award once. Multiple applications will not be considered.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>