About 2017 Alltech Young Scientist (AYS) Competition in USA
The Alltech Young Scientist (AYS) program features the world’s largest agriscience competition. It offers the brightest scientific thinkers from colleges and universities across the globe an opportunity to compete at the highest level and be rewarded for their innovative research.
2017 Program Timeline
Nomination and Registration Deadline
11:59 PM EDT October 31, 2016
11:59 PM EDT December 31, 2016
Regional Award Announcement
March – April, 2017
Global Competition/Discovery Week
Value of Award
Regional 1st Place Prize
Undergraduate = $1000 Cash USD
Graduate = $2000 Cash USD
Regional 2nd Place Prize
Undergraduate = $500 Cash USD
Graduate = $1000 Cash USD
Global Undergraduate 1st Place Prize: $5000 Cash USD
Global Graduate 1st Place Prize: $10,000 Cash USD
- You must be nominated by your professor in order to participate.
- Please view the Paper and Presentation Requirements before writing your research paper for the Regional Competition and preparing your presentation for the Global Competition.
- Eligible research paper topics are listed below, and a detailed explanation is noted in the Areas of Interest for Research Papers.
- Animal Feeding Strategies and Modeling
- Crop Science
- Agriculture Analytical Methods
- Food Chain Safety and Traceability
- Human Health and Nutrition
How to Apply
Step 1 – Obtain Nomination
Obtain nomination from your professor by having your professor fill out the nomination form below.
DOWNLOAD : Nomination Form
Step 2 – Registration
Register online and submit your nomination form. To register, click here
Step 3 – Submission
Submit your research paper online by the deadline. Make sure your paper complies with all of the requirements.
To submit, click here
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>