Sponsor: Utrecht University
- Sponsor: Utrecht University
- About the 2016 Utrecht Excellence Scholarships to Study in Netherlands:
- Criteria for Eligibility:
- Fields of Study:
- Number of Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
- Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
- Application Procedure/Instructions:
- Deadline for Application
- Official Scholarship Website:
About Utrecht University:
Utrecht University is a research university which has produced many great names. The seven faculties collectively span the entire spectrum of scientific research and education.
Utrecht University has seven faculties which collectively span the entire spectrum of scientific research and education.
About the 2016 Utrecht Excellence Scholarships to Study in Netherlands:
Host Institution(s): Utrecht University, Netherlands
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016 Utrecht Excellence Scholarships to Study in Netherlands for international students who wish pursue their academic careers in the Holland.
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva, in collaboration with several sponsors, has established an Excellence Fellowship Program to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
Criteria for Eligibility:
The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only candidates showing the highest achievement and promise may receive a scholarship.
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship. The applicant should:
- Not have the Dutch or an EU/EEA nationality;
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma;
- Have been admitted to an International Master’s programme within one of the Graduate Schools mentioned above, the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics or to University College Utrecht;
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree (for a Master’s programme) or secondary school diploma (for a Bachelor’s programme), or an equivalent thereof;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality and feasibility of the financial plan in the application;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Fields of Study:
International Bachelor’s programmes:
- Economics and Business Economics
- Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht
International Master’s programmes offered by the following Graduate Schools:
- Graduate School of Geosciences
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance
- Graduate School of Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
NOTE that master’s programmes that are not state-funded (i.e privately funded) are not eligible.
Number of Scholarships:
Approximately 55 scholarships are awarded each year for undergraduate and graduate awards respectively.
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
Citizens of ALL non-EU/EEA countries
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
Selected students receive a scholarship for the duration of the degree programme, which is a maximum of two years for a Master’s degree and three years for a Bachelor’s degree.
The scholarship will only be renewed for the second (and third) year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Selected students are awarded a scholarship that covers the maximum tuition feeand €11 000 living expenses per year. However, students should be aware that the grant is not necessarily a full scholarship, and that it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance study and stay completely.
As one of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands, students from abroad must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means.
IMPORTANT: You are to apply to the program of study of your interest to be considered for this award; however it is NOT possible for you to apply directly to the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship.
The selection committee of the programme will review the application files for possible nominees, and select eligible candidates on the basis of the selection criteria mentioned above. The selected candidates will be offered an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship at the latest in May.
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships. To apply for admission into the school, click here.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete and detailed information.
Deadline for Application
Prospective Bachelor’s students in Economics and Business Economics who wish to be considered for the scholarship should apply for admission before 1 April every year.
Prospective Master’s students who wish to be considered for the scholarship should apply for admission before 1 December every year.
The selected candidates will be offered a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship in May of the academic year.
Official Scholarship Website:
Like our Facebook page, Nigerian Scholars to keep getting our updates and you can also subscribe by submitting you email address via the subscribe form below to keep receiving our newsletters that will help you guarantee success in your academic career both in Nigeria and beyond.
It’s our pleasure to keep serving you better.