About the 2016 UQ International Scholarship Queensland Australia
The UQI scholarship is a UQ funded scholarship which provides a tuition fee award and a living allowance. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by this scholarship.
The living allowance scholarship is co-funded by the Graduate School and the enrolling school or institute. Therefore nomination for this scholarship depends on the funding being available within your enrolling school or institute.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an international student studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by the enrolling school or institute.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQI rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
A part-time student, who is resident on a temporary resident visa, with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Students can be considered for scholarship twice. Consideration can be prior to enrollment, or in any scholarship round up to and including the first round after the confirmation milestone is achieved.
In instances where the candidate is awarded a scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
Scholarship Rules: UQ Research Scholarship General Conditions
How to apply
To apply for admission to the UQ PhD or MPhil program and a scholarship visit the UQ Graduate School website.
The Postgraduate Administration Officer (PGAO) in your proposed enrolling school or institute will be able to help you through the application process and assist you with any questions you may have.
Students can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. However, students who wish to be considered for a UQ GraduateSchool scholarship should note that the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee meets two times a year to select the recipients. In order to have your scholarship application considered for recommendation by the school/institute we advise that you submit your application for admission and scholarship as early as possible.
For further information about research degree higher degree scholarships and important dates visit the Graduate School website.
Applications close: 5 February 2016.
Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Contact:Admissions & Scholarships, UQ Graduate School
For more information, please visit official website: scholarships.uq.edu.au.