About 2016 ONE Africa Award for Sustainable Development Goals Driven Projects ($100,000)
Application is currently ongoing for the 2016 ONE Africa Award for Sustainable Development Goals Driven Projects.
The 2016 ONE Africa Award recognises Africa-driven; Africa led advocacy efforts that have demonstrated success at community, national or regional level. It aims to recognise, reward, and advance the exceptional work of organisations, founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to helping Africa achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. The $100,000 award will bring recognition to innovative African efforts to fight poverty and will incentivise more of such efforts.
November 25, 2016
Value of Scholarship
Award recipients can be exceptional organisations and other groups demonstrating commitment and success in assisting Africans in meeting one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through innovative advocacy based programs.
- Qualified recipients may be engaged in direct services to achieve any of the SDGs but must demonstrate a strong advocacy component integral to the delivery and success of their programs.
- Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to MDG attainment.
2016 Award Criteria
The 2016 ONE Africa Award recognises best practices by an African organisation or individual addressing social development issues through innovative advocacy in promotion of SDG attainment.
Organisations will be graded in 5 categories and awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- Extent to which the organisation has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organisation to take intervention to scale.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (i.e. community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate the interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organisation has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
BONUS: For the 2016 prize, organisations that demonstrate innovative ideas and approaches towards projects, initiatives and plans to make popular the Global Goals for Sustainable Development in their community or region will receive up to 5 bonus points in the scoring of their applications.
How to Apply
Download application form:
Please complete each section of the application and attach the required supplemental documents by 23:59 SAST / 21:59 GMT/UTC Friday, November 25th 2016 according to the submission guidelines.
Please send your completed application to:
Silver Stream Office Park
1st Floor, Main Building
10 Muswell Road
Or via email to: email@example.com
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>