- Sponsor: DAAD
- About the 2016-2017 DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship to Study in Germany:
- Criteria for Eligibility:
- Fields of Study:
- Number of Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
- Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
- Sponsorship Duration:
- Application Procedure/Instructions:
- Deadline for Application
- Official Scholarship Website:
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) / German Academic Exchange Service is a private, publicly funded, self governing organization of higher education institutions in Germany. DAAD promotes international academic relations and cooperation by offering mobility programs primarily for students and faculty, but also for administrators and others in the higher education realm.
DAAD is the German national agency for the support of international academic cooperation. We offer programs and funding for students, faculty, researchers and others in higher education, providing financial support to almost 120,000 individuals per year.
We also represent the German higher education system abroad, promote Germany as an academic and research destination, and help build ties between institutions around the world.
About the 2016-2017 DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship to Study in Germany:
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016-2017 DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship for international undergraduate students who wish pursue their academic careers in the Germany.
Applications are invited for DAAD undergraduate scholarship available for full-time students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university.
Scholarships will be awarded for currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany.
Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of 10 months (one academic year).
Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance. The application deadline is January 31, 2016.
Highly qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for scholarships funding study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany.
The goal of this program is to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities. Preference will be given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university.
Scholarships are available either as part of an organized study abroad program or as part of an individual, student-designed study abroad semester or year.
Criteria for Eligibility:
Each year, an independent selection committee of academics and international education experts is assembled to select the Undergraduate Scholarship grantees. This committee is looking for students who:
- -are currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany
- -are seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year
- -possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation
- -have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany
- -submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory
- -demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals
- -are enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university
- -will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their bachelor’s degree
Fields of Study:
Undergraduate programs in all subjects.
Number of Scholarships:
Not Specified by Provider.
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
Scholarships are available for international students pursuing their undergraduate study. US and Canadian students and international students in Canada and USA may apply for this scholarship program.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance.
Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of 10 months (one academic year). The scholarship periods must take place during the German academic year, i.e. October 2016 – July 2017)
The mode of application is online. Applicants have to submit the following documents:
- -Original printout of the online application form with your signature
- -Project Proposal
- -Two Letters of Recommendation (no more, no less)
- -Statement of Support and Credit Eligibility
- -One of the following: Acceptance into Study Abroad Program, Exchange Program, letter by mentor or invitation from a German university
- -Transcripts (for the Undergraduate Scholarship Program only college transcripts!)
- -Language Evaluation Certificate (Sprachzeugnis).
All applicants are required to submit this, even if your study program is in English. Submit a total of FOUR SETS (1 original, 3 photocopies) of all the application materials; each set should be collated in the order listed above.
You have to submit at least one sealed document of each of your original recommendation letters and official transcripts. Submit all documents in one package. Please disregard the last page of the online application, entitled “Information regarding your application.
An independent committee made up of German university teachers is responsible for making the final decision. Important selection criteria are description of proposal and reasoning – for study or research stays and course of continuing education: a convincing and well-planned project.
For structured study programmes or language and short courses: a well justified choice of course. Academic achievements Additional documents that prove academic suitability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the assessment.
Applicants will receive notification of acceptance in May 2016.
Deadline for Application
The application deadline is January 31, 2016.
Official Scholarship Website:
>> See more scholarships to study in Germany
Like our Facebook page, Nigerian Scholars to keep getting our updates and you can also subscribe by submitting you email address via the subscribe form below to keep receiving our newsletters that will help you guarantee success in your academic career both in Nigeria and beyond.
It’s our pleasure to keep serving you better.