About the University of Newcastle (UON):
- About the University of Newcastle (UON):
- About the 2015 University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (UNIPRS):
- Criteria for Eligibility:
- Fields of Study:
- Number of Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
- Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
- Application Procedure/Instructions:
- Deadline for Application
- Official Scholarship Website:
VISION FOR 2025
The University aspires to be a global leader in each of its spheres of achievement. Through engagement with their partners, the University of Newcastle will deliver world-class innovation to support the development of strong regional communities.
This is a remarkable and exciting time to be part of the global higher education landscape, and to be part of the University of Newcastle.
With the support and engagement of our communities we will achieve our vision and make a significant and lasting contribution to the economic prosperity and social cohesion of our regions across the world.
Professor Caroline McMillen, Vice-Chancellor
Our staff, students and alumni are a resource for our whole community. We are partners and collaborators in world-class research, teaching and learning, and our skilled graduates contribute to our regions, Australia and the world.
Equity and Social Justice
We provide opportunities for people with ability, regardless of their background and experiences. We lead in providing education for indigenous Australians.
We deliver the highest quality in everything we do and benchmark ourselves against the world’s best.
We challenge standard practice and received wisdom. We are world leaders in generating new knowledge and translating innovative ideas into real benefits to society.
We are open, ethical, rigorous and committed to the highest standards in academic enquiry. We are champions of academic freedom and professional responsibility.
We are leaders in environmental sustainability. We make a significant contribution to the economic, social and environmental capacity of our communities.
About the 2015 University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (UNIPRS):
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2015 University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (UNIPRS). The University of Newcastle offers a number of postgraduate research scholarships to support international research candidates. One of these is the University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS) which is towards Master’s degree by Research or PhD degree.
Criteria for Eligibility:
How to increase your chances of receiving a research scholarship:
• Apply by the closing date of 31 August each year
• Meet the University’s English proficiency requirement by the closing date (Please refer to English Proficiency Info over page)
• A Grade Point Average (GPA)of at least 5.25 out of 7 in the last two calendar years of undergraduate degree
• Honours class one or equivalent
• Research work experience
• Research studies – points are given for a coursework masters with 20% thesis component or for a research masters
• Research publications – points are given for refereed research journal articles, book chapters, research related conference publications, research related exhibitions and patents.
Fields of Study:
Eligible Masters by Research or PhD programme offered at University of Newcastle.
Number of Scholarships:
Limited Number of Scholarships.
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
International students from any country except New Zealand
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
The scholarship covers tuition fees and comes with a University living allowance scholarship (including Overseas Student Health Cover) funded either in full by the supervisor’s research grant, School or Faculty (UNRSE); or part-funded centrally and part-funded by the supervisor’s research grant, School or Faculty. The scholarships are limited in number and are dependent on the annual research scholarship budget allocated.
New international applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission. It is important to read the Scholarship Information Sheet and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline for Application
Deadline for scholarship applications is 31 August each year.
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information, visit http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au/search?sc_view=1&id=454&page=1&q=IPRS&s=1&old_key=0