Shell Production Development Company (SPDC) undergraduate scholarship held on Saturday 24th October. The shortlisted candidates were also earlier released.
All candidates who took part in the exams are hereby wished the best of luck as we await the results.
Shell has been active in Nigeria since 1937.
Shell companies and investments have played a pioneering role in onshore, shallow and deep water oil exploration and production. Shell has also been at the forefront of gas development, producing and delivering gas to domestic consumers and export markets for over 40 years.
Shell’s Core values
Our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people form the basis of the Shell General Business Principles.
Business activities in Nigeria
- The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is the largest Shell company in Nigeria and produced the country’s first commercial oil exports in 1958. SPDC is the operator of a joint venture (the SPDC JV) between the government-owned Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC (55% share), SPDC (30%), Total E&P Nigeria Ltd (10%) and the ENI subsidiary Agip Oil Company Limited (5%). It is focused on onshore and shallow water oil and gas production in the Niger Delta.
- Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) operates the Bonga field, Nigeria’s first deepwater oil discovery. The Bonga facility has the capacity to produce more than 200,000 barrels per day of oil and 150 MM standard cubic feet of gas per day.
- Shell Nigeria Gas (SNG) is the only international oil and gas company to set up a gas distribution company in Nigeria to supply industry customers.
- Nigeria LNG (NLNG) is a joint venture incorporated in 1989 to produce LNG and natural gas liquids for export. It was Nigeria’s first LNG project. Shell holds a 25.6% share, together with NNPC (49%), Total (15%) and ENI (10.4%).
About the 2015 Shell (SPDC) Undergraduate Scholarship:
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2015 Shell (SPDC) Undergraduate Scholarship. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course.
The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
Criteria for Eligibility:
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in ‘Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
- The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
Important Update – Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates
Fields of Study:
Eligible for all first degree programmes offered in Nigerian universities.
Number of Scholarships:
Given every session till student completes the course.
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
National Merit Award (NM) Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas).
- Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e. of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas) and Delta States.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
N75, 000 per session.
All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, and to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter, Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores (Original JAMB Result Slip that shows your passport photograph);
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by: The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW).
The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
Document size must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be JPG.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates can proceed to make their application via this website:
Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
Deadline for Application
Applications should be submitted online before 18th of September 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information, visit: