Apply for a Doctoral Scholarship for international students in New Zealand now!
The University of Auckland is pleased to offer up to 200 scholarships for domestic and international students. These scholarships are available to undertake doctoral study at the University.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities for the students. The purpose of these scholarships is to provide support towards doctoral study in the various fields at the University of Auckland.
The University of Auckland is the highest ranked New Zealand university in the main world university rankings systems. The mission of the University of Auckland is to be:“A research-led, international university, recognised for excellence in teaching, learning, research, creative work, and administration, for the significance of its contributions to the advancement of knowledge and its commitment to serving its local, national and international communities.”
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for Ph.D., DClinPsy or the research component of an approved doctorate.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: The University of Auckland Doctoral Scholarship provides a tax-free stipend of up to $27,000 per annum in 2016, with an annual cost of living adjustment to the stipend value, for up to 36 months for students enrolled in a Ph.D., DClinPsy or the research component of another approved doctorate. In addition, compulsory tuition fees will be covered for up to 36 months for all domestic students and for international students who are eligible to study under the domestic fees policy. International students will also receive compulsory international student health cover. Part-time students will be paid pro-rata for up to 72 months .
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships
- Students will be considered for the award of a University of Auckland Doctoral Scholarship at the time of application to the doctoral programme only.
- Students who have already been admitted to their doctoral programme are not eligible for consideration for a University of Auckland Doctoral Scholarship.
- These scholarships will be available for full-time enrollment in the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Clinical Psychology or the research component of another approved doctorate. The scholarships may also be available to domestic students for whom socially compelling reasons make part-time enrolment preferable.
- These scholarships are tenable for domestic and international students who are paying domestic fees.
- Domestic and international students will be required to enrol within 3 and within 6 months respectively of the date of their unconditional programme offer, otherwise the scholarship offer will lapse. Awardees must also meet all requirements of their admission and scholarship offer before any payments will be made.
Nationality: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants do not need to apply for this Scholarship or complete an online application form, it is awarded on the recommendation of the relevant Faculty or University of Auckland Committee.
Application Deadline: Contact Employer