The Shell internship and industrial training is an annual programme for undergraduate and postgraduate students. See the different details for corresponding student groups. The Shell undergraduate internship application currently ongoing.
Shell Student Industrial Training (IT) and Internship Program for Undergraduates
We wish to inform all Nigerian Students that the Shell Student Industrial Training (IT) & Internship Program is usually ongoing at the beginning of each year and this is a full guideline on how to apply successfully.
Shell Companies in Nigeria’s Student Industrial Training Programme offers Nigerian students in higher Institutions the opportunity to gain work experience in our office locations. The following is a list of eligible courses:
- Engineering, Geoscience,
- Information Technology
- Sciences (Pure science, Environmental and Social)
The Programme provides students studying any of the above courses the opportunity to work directly with inspiring and experienced professionals. The insights and skills gained by the end of the programme will be invaluable for future careers.
This Industrial Training Programme is designed for students to:
- Put theories and concepts into practice
- Build work related skills required for the business environment through constructive feedback and supervision
- Gain additional skills such as communication, ethics, HSSE, teamwork and leadership.
- Build valuable networks and contacts for professional development
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Nigerian citizen
- Be enrolled full‐time in an undergraduate programme at a university or Polytechnic in Nigeria?
- Have school authorisation and approval for Industrial Training
How to Apply
- All applicants should have personal and valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements should apply via the email: email@example.com
- Email subject should be in the format: 2023 Shell Nigeria SIWES Application [Course of study].
- The email content must include the following:
- Student’s name
- Name of University/ institution of higher learning
- Matriculation Number/ student ID number
- Course of study
- Required duration/period for internship
- Contact details (address, email, and phone)
- Scanned copy of official form/ letter from higher institution
- Current Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Industrial training opportunities are based on business needs and limited slots are available.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to provide feedback to all applicants.
Benefits (As at 2018)
Shell provides the best internship training in Nigeria with these benefits
- Access to health care
- Stipend of 40, 000 – 50,000 naira (Based on the Venture you are posted to as described above)
- Access to their residential area (Gym, Swimming pool and different sports and game)
Industrial Training Programme Official Website
Also See: Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell has a history of over 50 years in Nigeria and the largest footprint of all the international oil and gas companies operating in the country.
Shell in Nigeria
Shell has been active in Nigeria since 1937. Shell companies and investments have played a pioneering role in onshore, shallow and deep water oil exploration and production. Shell has also been at the forefront of gas development, producing and delivering gas to domestic consumers and export markets for over 40 years.
Shell’s core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people form the basis of the Shell General Business Principles.
Shell’s Business Activities in Nigeria
- The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is the largest Shell company in Nigeria and produced the country’s first commercial oil exports in 1958. SPDC is the operator of a joint venture (the SPDC JV) between the government-owned Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC (55% share), SPDC (30%), Total E&P Nigeria Ltd (10%) and the ENI subsidiary Agip Oil Company Limited (5%). It is focused on onshore and shallow water oil and gas production in the Niger Delta.
- Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) operates the Bonga field, Nigeria’s first deepwater oil discovery. The Bonga facility has the capacity to produce more than 200,000 barrels per day of oil and 150 MM standard cubic feet of gas per day.
- Shell Nigeria Gas (SNG) is the only international oil and gas company to set up a gas distribution company in Nigeria to supply industry customers.
- Nigeria LNG (NLNG) is a joint venture incorporated in 1989 to produce LNG and natural gas liquids for export. It was Nigeria’s first LNG project. Shell holds a 25.6% share, together with NNPC (49%), Total (15%) and ENI (10.4%).
Shell In Nigeria by Numbers
- The SPDC JV’s assets include around 50 producing oil fields, a network of approximately 5,000 kilometers of oil and gas pipelines and flowlines, five gas plants and two major oil export terminals (Bonny and Forcados)
- Bonga was Nigeria’s first oil and gas project in water depths over 1,000 metres. It increased Nigeria’s oil capacity by 10% when it began producing in 2005 and has production capacity of 200,000 barrels of oil per day and 150 million standard cubic feet of gas per day
- The NLNG plant at Bonny Island has six processing units (trains) with total processing capacity of 22 million tonnes a year of LNG and up to 5 million tonnes of natural gas liquids (LPG and condensate). NLNG accounts for approximately 7% of the world’s total LNG supply
I applied, and a reply was sent to me since April 3,will they still consider after the Lockdown.
Goodmorning, sir/ma'am, I'm a chemistry student and i want to apply for I T program in your company, please sir/ma'am what's my chance of being accepted, I really want to undergo my IT there ,thanks alot as i anticipate a positive response from you.
Please Is the company still taking I.T student?, if yes please when is the deadline?,
i am ezirim gloria from imo state an nd2 science laboratory technology at federal polytechnic nekede i will like to undergo my industrial training in ur establishment so i will like to know your requirement and deadlines
when is the deadline for it placement
I'm Nwaile Emmanuella, from Imo state, a 400level microbiology student at Federal university of technology, Owerri (Futo).
I wish to undergo my industrial training in your establishment and I will like to enquire if you take I.T students and also if you offer accommodation for them.
Thanks in anticipation.
am a student of Ogun state institute of technology (GPI), studying accounting.
want to know when the replacement for industrial training Will commence
please am mechanical engineering student I want to apply for IT at shell company.
Please Is Shell Still Accepting IT Student. I Am A Mechatronic Engr Student ND Final Year Student, So I Can Apply For The Company
Goodmorning Sir/ma I Am A Mechatronic Engr Student I Want To Know When The IT Will Start For 2016/2017 Session For Student
Please is shell still accepting IT students? am a student of Geography and Environmental studies. My IT will commence by August, 2017. please will they still accept IT students by August.
please am a student of industrial chemistry. I need where to do my I T at port.
Please I need place for my I.T..Am a student of business istration and management ..My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
please when is the deadline for applications in shell for an IT students..I am studing science laboratory technology Geology option.. I want to know please keep me updated thank you