Sahara Group Talent and Entrepreneurship Programme Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Sahara Group Talent and Entrepreneurship Program (STEP) for young Nigerian Graduates. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Sahara Group Talent and Entrepreneurship Program Details
- Sahara Group Talent and Entrepreneurship Program Details
- Sahara Power Group Graduate Engineering Program Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Who is eligible?
- Eligible Disciplines:
- What are the required knowledge and skills?
- What is the minimum qualification and required experience?
- What personality traits should you have?
- Working Relationships:
- How to Apply for the Sahara Power Group Graduate Engineering Programme
In Sahara, we believe that taking the right step in sourcing young talents and developing them into a formidable force is critical to our business success and sustainability. The Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Program (STEP) was therefore borne out of the desire to reposition the Group’s talent management strategy in line with our business expansion and future ambition.
The objective is to focus on developing entrepreneurship leadership skills of young talents and to improve their business acumen, strategic thinking & relationship management required to support growth strategies in the group.
The one-year program is structured systematically to expose the young talents with entrepreneurial mindset to all areas of the business as it reflects the diversity of roles across board. The development programme will include two or three rotations that combine on-the-job learning with formal training opportunities with blended foundational skill training, in-house classroom training program, feedback sessions, hands-on projects, coaching and mentoring opportunities. The young talents will be given stimulating hands-on roles, and have the opportunity to not only understand the culture and core values of the company but to live by them.
If you want to grow and make an impact as a business leader, explore a world of possibilities and harness your potential in a vibrant young environment, then the Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Program (STEP) is just right for you.
When is the application deadline?
The Unlimited Value Proposition to Young Talents:
- Challenging & Evolving Career– Participants will be exposed to challenging real-life business scenarios in today’s rapidly evolving business environment working in a diverse and global environment. There will be opportunities to be part of an organization that believes in disruption as a tool for strategic development in today’s business world.
- Unique Mentorship Opportunity– Participants will have a unique mentorship opportunity to shadow renowned business leaders. The participants will have the unique opportunity to relate directly with top management in order to enhance their growth, mind-set and self-empowerment
- Capacity Building– Participants will receive training in our business tailored to their skills and career aspirations. They will be given a veritable platform to develop their potential.
- Multicultural Exposure– Participants will have the opportunity to travel and be exposed to our businesses across locations and will develop an extensive understanding of the diverse culture within the group.
- Strategic Growth & Personal Empowerment– Participants will be groomed to have an extensive understanding of the energy business and the opportunity to build a broad network both internally & externally
- Actively participate in the programme (on-the-job tasks, peer learning, mentoring and training assigned).
- Work on assignments related to assigned role within a function.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional business projects (on project basis or as full rotation to other departments).
- Take full responsibility with planning and organizing activities related to your assignment, as well as delivery of assigned objectives, projects and results. Actively propose process and business improvements.
- Collaborate, develop and maintain relationships with colleagues from own team, other departments, mentors, project sponsors – while proactively seeking feedback.
- Take full ownership and charge over your development: leverage on each opportunity and feedback
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- University degree in a reputable University (Minimum: Second Class Upper)
- Maximum of 2 years (Post-NYSC) experience. Completion of NYSC is a must.
- Maximum age- 26 years old by December 2018
- Independence: the ability to take initiative, lead on projects and be proactive in prioritizing a dynamic and diverse workload.
- Interpersonal: confidence informing effective working relationships with a broad range of people, including working as part of a team.
- Analytical: the ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Communication: effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English
- Adaptability: the ability to multitask, and to respond effectively to change, on a day-to-day basis and between placements.
- Group Human Resources
- All staff
Sahara Power Group Graduate Engineering Program Details and FAQs
The Sahara Power Group (SPG) Graduate Engineering Programme for 2018 has started and applications are invited for suitably qualified Nigerian graduates. See the details below.
Sahara Power Group (SPG) is a leading privately owned power company with business operations in the generation and distribution arms of the power sector and with a keen focus on powering Sub-Saharan Africa.
When is the application deadline?
28 September, 2018
Who is eligible?
The Graduate Engineering Program of SPG is focused on recruiting young engineers who are fresh out of the university between the ages of 21 and 27 for our Power Generation entities- Egbin Power Plc. & First Independent Power Limited.
At the heart of these operations lies an unrivalled engineering expertise where innovation and continuous improvement is the norm. We now have opportunities for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our team across a range of disciplines, which include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical Engineers
- Control Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Electronics Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
What are the required knowledge and skills?
- Basic usage of Microsoft Office Suites
- Familiarity with CAD packages and Engineering Software i.e. MATLAB
- Basic Project Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety
- Technical Report writing skills
What is the minimum qualification and required experience?
- Engineering Degree (B.Tech./ B.Eng.) with a minimum of 2nd Class Upper division
- Maximum of 2 year Post-NYSC experience.
- Maximum age- 27 years old by December 2018.
- Applicant must have completed NYSC.
What personality traits should you have?
- Be a Team player
- Enthusiasm, Commitment and Motivation
- Be Resourceful
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Other Sahara Group Companies and Corporate Functions
How to Apply for the Sahara Power Group Graduate Engineering Programme
For More Information, visit the webpage below: