Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Recruitment Exercise Application, 2019
- Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Recruitment Exercise Application, 2019
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment Qualification Requirements
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment Application Procedure
- About the Nigerian Air Force
This is to inform the general public that the Application For Nigerian Air Force Airmen/Airwomen Recruitment Exercise 2019 has commenced.
Candidates that qualify after the registration process would be invited for Zonal Recruitment Exercise which would hold from Saturday, 9 March – Saturday, 23 March 2019. Also, candidates that qualify after the Zonal Recruitment Exercise would be invited for Final Selection Interview Exercise, after which the list of successful candidates would be published for Basic Military Training.
NAF Recruitment General Instructions
1. Nationality: Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
2. Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 18and 25 years for tradesmen/women. Those applying as assistant chaplains/assistant imams and drivers must be between the ages of 18and 28 years.
3. Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
4. Height: Minimum height is 1.66meters or 5.4ft for males and 1.63 meters or 5.3ft for females.
5. Medical Fitness: All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
6. Attestation Forms: Applicant’s attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air Force. Also a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, Magistrates and Principals of Government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. The signees passport photograph and either photocopy of drivers licence, international passport, national identity card or voters identity card must be attached. In addition, applicants are to bring with them Local Government Indigene Certificate to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview.
7. Presentation of original credentials: Applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny, at the zonal and final selection exercises. The credentials include the following:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 6.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done later than 4 years to this exercise will not be acceptable)
- Photocopy of Educational/Trade Certificates
- Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s State of Origin
- Attestation of Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Attestation of Local Government Area Form
- Acknowledgment Card
- Writing Materials (for aptitude test)
Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the selection exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is free of charge. Applicants are required to fill valid email addresses and Telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the application form.
8. On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the underlisted documents:
- Acknowledgment Card
- Attestation Form
- Local Government Indigeneship Form.
Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Academic/Professional Requirements
1. Non-Tradesmen/women: Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 creditsincluding Mathematics and English Language in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB. In addition, applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
a.Applicants must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit), NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate.
b. Candidates with only Trade Test Certificate (including Drivers) are required to also have a minimum of 2 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English Language.
Note: that applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher’s certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply. Applicants with medical qualifications should possess evident of registration with relevant professionals bodies and current practicing licence.
3. Requirements:Applicants are advised to carefully read the requirements below before filling the Form:
a. Medical Records: ND Medical Records.
b. Nursing: RN-RM.
c. Lab Technician: ND Medical Lab Science.
d. X-Ray Technicians: ND X-ray Technology.
e. Dental Technician: ND Dental Technology/ Dental Therapy.
f. Pharmacy Technician: ND Pharmacy Technology.
g. Environmental Health Technician: ND Environmental Health Technology.
h. Biomed Technician: ND Biomed Technology.
i.Optometry Technician: ND Optometry Technology.
j. Physiotherapy: ND Physiotherapy.
k. Medical Supply: ND Medical Supply.
l. Dieticians/Nutrition: ND Dietetics/Nutrition.
m.Assistant Chaplain:Diploma in Theology.
n.Assistant Imam: ND Arabic/Islamic Studies.
o. Engineering Technicians: ND Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Electronics Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Air Engineering Technology.
p. Works: Trade Test Cert in Welding/Carpentry/Painting/Sign Writing/Plumbing/Mason/Domestic Electrician/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning/Tailors.
q. Domestic Electricians: ND Electrical Electronics, ND/Trade Test Certificate 1,2,3 Domestic Electrician, Works.
r. Building Technology: ND Building Technology/Quantity Surveyor/ Land Surveying/ Civil Engineering.
s.Statistics: ND Stats.
t. Meteorologist: WMO Class III Meteorology Assistant Certificate, Certificate in ATCA/Base Operator and Fire.
u. Public Relations/Info: ND Mass Communication/Journalism/Broadcasting/Trade Test Certificate in Videography/Photography.
v. Secretarial Assistants: ND Office Technology Management.
w. Library Assistants:ND/NCE Library Science.
x. Music: ND Music. In addition, playing experience in any recognised Band will be an advantage.
y. Driver/Mechanic: Trade Test and current driver’s license with practical experience.
z. Computer/Space Tech: ND/Computer Hardware Engr/Tech, Software Engr/Tech, Satellite Image Interpreter/GIS Tech, SatCom Hub Installation Tech, Fiber Optic Tech, Network Tech, Cyber Security Tech, Web Designer/Master and Software Developer. Possession of recognized certifications will be an advantage.
aa. Sports: Certificate of participation/Medals in National and International sporting competitions and in addition ND/NCE Physical Education can be an added advantage.
ab. Catering: ND Catering Services/Catering Certificate.
ac. Education: NCE Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, Home Economics, Nigerian Languages, French, Business Management, Fine Art, Basic Science/Integrated Science, Computer Science, Music, Technical Education/Basic Technology, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge.
ad. Administration/Logistics: ND Business Studies/Business Administration and Management/Purchasing and Supply/Financial Studies/Economics.
ae. Legal Clerks: ND/Diploma in Law.
NAF Zonal Recruitment Exercise
Qualifying Recruitment Tests will hold in the following Centers:
a. Bauchi: 251 Nigerian Air Force Base, Bauchi.
b.Benin: 107 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin.
c. Enugu: 155 Nigerian Air Force Base, Enugu.
d.Ilorin: 303 MAG – Nigerian Air Force, Ilorin.
e.Ipetu-Ijesha: 209 Quick Response Group, Ipetu-Ijesha.
f.Jos: 451 Nigerian Air Force Station, Jos.
g. Kaduna: Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
h.Kano: 403 Flying Training School, Kano.
i. Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
j.Maiduguri: 105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri.
k.Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base, Makurdi.
l. Minna:351 Nigerian Air Force Base, Minna.
m.Port-Harcourt: 115 Special Operations Group, Nigerian Air Force, Port-Harcourt.
n.Sokoto: 119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
o.Yola: 103 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force, Yola.
How to Apply for Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply here.
Online Registration starts on 12th January 2019 and closes on 23rd February 2019.
1. Applicants will be required to submit for scrutiny, the original copies of their documents at the recruitment centers and during the final selection interview. Applicants will be required to present following documents if selected for the zonal recruitment test:
a. Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 8.
b. Photocopies of:
(1) Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done later than 4 years to this exercise will not be acceptable).
(2) Educational/ Trade Certificates.
(3) Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s State of Origin.
2. Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the selection exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Police for prosecution.The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is free of charge. Applicants are required to fill valid email addresses and Telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the application form.
3. On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the Acknowledgment Slip.
For Technical Support, please call: 09064432351, 09055840142, 08053440802 or Email: email@example.com. Note: All phone lines are available Monday – Friday between 8:30AM and 5:30PM.
Earlier: NAF DSSC Recruitment Change of Date and Venue for Screening of Candidates
This is to inform the general public and candidates who registered for the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 28/2018 that the screening exercise for all shortlisted candidates will now hold from 9 to 22 December, 2018 at NAF Base Kaduna.
This is to ensure the smooth conduct of the Exercise. Shortlisted candidates from Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, FCT, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna and Kano States are to be screened from 9 to 15 December 2018.
Candidates from Kastina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara States are expected to be screened from 16 to 22, December 2018.
The List of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the NAF website, www.airforce.mil.ng, today, 7 December 2018, by 10pm. Candidates are to please note that the entire process is free of charge.
Director of Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force
Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is enlisting graduates and post-graduates for training as Direct Short Service Cadets. All applicants must be Nigerians, not less than 1.66m tall for male and not less than 1.63m tall for female. Applicants should be between 22 and 30 years by 30 September 2019 (22-35 for Consultants).
Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment Qualification Requirements
Interested applicants must possess Bachelor’s Degree with second class Upper division or HND with Upper credit in the following fields:
Software, Network, Computer, Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Chemical, Satellite Communication, Satellite Control, Satellite Ground Station, Telecommunication, Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering.
Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Television and Film Production, Sports, Music/Instrument Technology, Accounting, Sociology, Criminology, Psychology, Economics, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply, Business Management.
Database/Network Administration, Web Developing, Network & Cyber Security, IT Robotics, GIS/Remote Sensing, Satellite Image Analyst, Data Telecommunication, Intelligence and Security Studies, Geography, Cartography, Astronomy, Cosmology, MET, ATCO and Fire, Statistics/Record Analyst, Physical & Health, Health Education & Human Kinetics, Biochemistry.
Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Arts, History and Languages namely French, German, Russian, Mandarin and Arabic languages.
Professions Allied to Medicine:
Nutrition, Nursing, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, Vet Medicine, Dental Techs/Therapists, Dietetics, Medical Laboratory science, Medical Records, Optometry, Preventive Health, Clinical Psychology, Radiography.
General Surgeons, Cardiothorasic Surgeons, Artorpedic Surgeon, Physicians, Paediatricians, Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Anaesthetists.
Chaplaincy /Islamic Affairs:
Theology, Arabic & Islamic Studies.
Criminal, Constitutional, Procurement, Land and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Law.
CANDIDATES WITHOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED QUALIFICATIONS ARE NOT TO APPLY.
Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment Application Procedure
- Interested applicants are to apply free of charge online at www.airforce.mil.ng.
- Applicants are to print out the under listed documents after completion of application online;
- Local Government Indigenship Form.
- Attestation form.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Serving Military personnel are to note that documents listed in a – c above are not applicable to them, however the special attestation form is to be filled by their current Unit Commander.
- Online Registration Starts on 19 October 2018 and closes on 16 November 2018.
- Multiple online application will be disqualified.
- NAF online Registration and all other enlistment processes are free of charge and no payment should be made at any point throughout the Exercise.
- The Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph of the signee. The signee is also to endorse his name and signature on the back of his passport photograph and that of the applicant.
- For further information, see the instruction page on the website or call the following support lines: 09064145533, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Nigerian Air Force
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa, consisting of about 10,000 personnel and aircraft including 12 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, and 11 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, 12 Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, armed helicopters, and military transport aircraft.
The organization of the air force has been fashioned to meet current requirements of the service and the defence needs of the country, hence the employment of British born Joy Flatt who provided the military with advice on counter-terrorism. Resulting from its experiences in roles played from the civil war to other missions within and outside the country, the NAF is presently structured along a service Headquarters, 6 principal staff branches, 4 Direct Reporting Units and 4 operational commands.
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) is the principal adviser to the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, the Minister of Defence and the Chief of Defence Staff, on air related defence matters. Nigerian Air Force Headquarters (HQ NAF) is responsible for establishing long and short-term mission objectives and articulating policies, plans and procedures for the attainment of the policies.
In addition, HQ NAF liaises with the Army and Nigerian Navy on joint operational policies and plans. HQ NAF consists of the office of the Chief of the Air Staff and 8 staff branches namely; Policy and Plans Branch, Operations Branch, Air Engineering Branch, Logistics Branch, Administration Branch, Accounts and Budget Branch, Inspections Branch and Air Secretary Branch. Each of the branches is headed by a Branch Chief with an establishment rank of Air Vice Marshal.