Applications are currently ongoing for the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) for graduates. See details on how to apply below.
The application portal for the Nigerian Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) has opened, and interested applicants are hereby invited to apply accordingly.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, August 31, 2021, launched the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP), a job placement scheme for graduates that have concluded the one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program.
The internship program which is said to be fully paid and sponsored by the federal government in collaboration with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), and the European Union (EU), is expected to last for 12 months, with an estimated 20,000 beneficiaries posted to reputable private and public sector organizations across the countries.
According to President Buhari, the program is part of his administration’s strategy of creating employment opportunities for Nigerians and keeping Nigerian youths occupied with opportunities that will give provide relevant skills and work experience for the future.
The NJFP beneficiaries will be deployed to a wide range of sectors including ICT, manufacturing, agriculture, mining, creative industries, education, health, research and development, and public sector institutions.
He further encouraged all eligible Nigerians to apply for the program.
Private sector partners of the program also include BUA, Dangote, VISA Nigeria, Outsource Global, GE Gas, and Power, Lafarge Africa, SecureID, Microsoft, among others.
The programme was launched on Tuesday, August 31, 2021, by President Muhamadu Buhari and the application process will run from September 6 to October 20, 2021.
The programme is a job placement scheme for unemployed graduates that have concluded the one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme, and it is aimed at helping 20,000 graduates with the post-COVID-19 job search.
Upon completion, the programme will create three options for applicants including but not limited to, being retained by their host organizations, provided with entrepreneurship opportunities, and placed on a platform where they can compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree or HND Certificate) from any discipline and graduated not earlier than 2017.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) for Bachelor’s Degree or Upper Credit (> 3.00) for HND Certificate holders.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Mode of Application: Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP)
Interested applicants should click this link: https://www.njfp.ng/apply to begin the application process.
Contact Address: United Nations Development Programme, UN House, Plot 617/618 Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR FELLOWS?
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is committed to achieving diversity and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. The NJFP is open to young Nigerians under the age of 30 who meet the criteria listed in the eligibility information. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Both Fellows and Host organization apply by registering on the Application Form and follow the application steps. All minimum requirements need to be met and mandatory information provided. Applications are open between 6 September 2021 to 20 October 2021.
DO I NEED TO PAY A FEE TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAMME?
No, the NJFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the application or work placement process. The NJFP disassociates itself from any fraudulent activities being perpetrated purportedly in the name of the NJFP, and/or its officials, and strongly recommend applicants to exercise caution and report any suspected fraudulent activities to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
I DID NOT COMPLETE THE NYSC BUT HAVE A CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION, CAN I STILL APPLY?
Yes, please upload your NYSC Certificate of Exemption under the respective section in the Application Form.
DO I GET TO CHOOSE WHAT ORGANIZATION I WANT TO WORK FOR?
No. Fellows and organizations will be matched by an independent talent management agency based of the Fellows interests and organizations requirements.
DO I GET A CHANCE TO INDICATE A PREFERRED LOCATION OF MY WORK PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITY?
Yes, in the Application Form you can indicate preferred location of work. This can however not be guaranteed as it depends on the availability of work placements in the specific location.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR FELLOWS?
The selection process for fellows is as follows:
- Eligibility criteria for prospective fellows has been developed and is available on the ‘Eligibility criteria’ page of this website.
- Prospective fellows will submit an application electronically against the criteria through the application page of this site. Applications submitted through any other medium will not be considered.
- Applications will be open for a duration of 6 weeks (with the start and closing dates clearly indicated). Applications will not be received after the closing date.
- Applicants will be required to carefully review the selection criteria before beginning the application process. Only applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be considered for the next stages of the selection process.
- An independent talent management company will review all of the submissions and produce a long list that will proceed to the next stage. Long listed candidates will undergo a series of aptitude tests and assessments before final selection.
- Given the expected high volume of applicants, the programme will only communicate to successful candidates.
- The application cycle (from submission to selection process including matching to host organisations) is expected to last 12 weeks. In case of any changes, communication to this effect will be made.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR HOST ORGANISATIONS?
The selection process for the host organisations is as follows:
- Eligibility criteria for host organisations has been developed is accessible on the ‘Eligibility criteria’ page of this website.
- Prospective host organisations will be invited to express interest by completing the online application form on this website. Expressions of interest provided through any other mediums will not be considered.
- Prospective host organisations are requested to provide all of the mandatory information, including supporting documents, as this will form the basis of the matching exercise with prospective fellows.
- Prospective organisations that meet the requirements will be integrated into a database of host organisations in readiness for matching with pre-qualified fellows. The talent needs of the host organisations will be determined through the application process.
- The placement cycle will be a collaborative process between the Jubilee Fellows Programme and the host organisations ensuring the needs of the organisations align to the interests of the fellows and vice versa.
WILL THE FELLOWS BE PAID?
Yes, all Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of ₦100,000 paid by the Jubilee Fellows Programme subject to achieving planned results for each month.
DOES THE WORK PLACEMENT GUARANTEE FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT?
No, the work placement is a 12-month earning-as-you-work opportunity that provides the Fellow an opportunity to acquire hands-on experience, knowledge and ‘on-the-job’ skills with the aim of improving the Fellows’ employability and competitiveness in the job market.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE 12-MONTH PLACEMENT PERIOD?
The Jubilee Fellows Programme offers three pathways at the end of their active engagement in the Programme:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship will have garnered skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities.
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
- In addition, all Fellows will automatically be enrolled to the Jubilee Fellows Alumni Network, providing a platform for peer-to-peer connections and job opportunities, upon completion of the programme.
HOW CAN I PARTNER WITH THE JUBILEE FELLOWS PROGRAMME?
The programme offers three broad areas of possible collaboration with private and public sector institutions. Opportunities for individual citizens to partner and collaborate also exit. These areas are not mutually exclusive, and organisations are invited to engage as partners in the following areas:
Host organization: Provide Fellow(s) with a meaningful, fully paid placement opportunity for twelve-month.
Knowledge partner: Contribute with professional guidance, thematic and industry expertise and skill enhancement through mentoring, coaching and e-learning opportunities to the fellows.
Financial Contributor: Contribute with financial or material resources to the programme (stipend to the fellows, insurance, IT equipment etc.).
I HAVE REGISTERED BUT DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH THE ACTIVATION CODE, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please check the spam/junk folder in your inbox or click here for the email with the activation code to be resent.