INEC Recruitment: The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has given an update on its recruitment of ad-hoc staff for the 2019 general elections. See how to apply to be an election staff during the upcoming 2019 elections.
INEC Recruitment Details and FAQs
INEC has disclosed that the recruitment which commenced on January 15, 2019 will close on January 21, 2019. Note that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Deadline to register as Ad-hoc Staff for the 2019 General Elections is 21st January, 2019 (00:00hr)#NigeriaDecides2019
— INEC Nigeria (@inecnigeria) January 17, 2019
INEC Recruitment Available Positions:
- Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO)
- Registration Area Center (RAC) Manager
- Presiding Officer (PO)
- Assistant Presiding Officer (APO)
- Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH)
What are the eligibility criteria for INEC recruitment?
Outlined below are the various positions available and their requirements, Please make sure you read the instructions below before you begin your registration.
SUPERVISORY PRESIDING OFFICER (SPO)
- Must be a Public / Civil servant on Grade level 10 – 14 OR A Registration Area Officer (INEC Staff) .
- Must be a staff (GL 07 and above) of the school / Institution / Public building hosting the RAC.
- Must be a Serving Corps member
- A penultimate student of a Federal/State tertiary institution in Nigeria
- A staff of an MDA with an OND qualification
- A former corps member (Not later than 2017 batch)
- Must be a suitable INEC staff (not engaged in any other duties)
- A serving corps member where available
- A student of Information Technology institutions
- A penultimate student of a Federal Tertiary Institution.
Returning enrollees should enroll based on the appropriate category that currently applies to them.
What should I have before registering?
Before you register on this platform, ensure you have the following ready:
- A functional email address.
- A functioning mobile phone number.
- A personal account number.
- A recent and clear plain background passport photograph not larger than 50KB.
- Contact details of referee such as email address and phone number.
- A valid means of identification (Staff ID No./ Student ID No).
- An NYSC Callup Number for former corps members from 2017.
How to Apply for the 2019 INEC Recruitment Exercise
If you have not created an account or registered on this platform, then follow the steps below:
- Review the requirements for the available positions.
You are expected to go through the requirements for all available Election staff positions to determine your eligibility (see above).
- Click on Register on the link below and follow the instructions.
- Check your email for an account verification link and password
Note: if mail is not found on your INBOX folder, kindly check SPAM or send a mail to email@example.com
- Click the account verification link sent to your email to activate your account.
- Change your Password
After changing your password, you are automatically logged into the portal and presented with an application form
- Fill the Application form.
This form is segmented into three (3) section; Personal Information, Contact Information and Bank Details. Ensure you fill in your details correctly. You will not be allowed to edit details once they are submitted.
- Upload your passport photograph.
You are required to upload a recent plain background passport photograph. Please make sure the size is not larger than 50KB
- Fill in the details of your referees
- Check the Attestation box
Every information provided, will be subjected to validation from your source institutions/organization/referees
- Submit the application
- Print your acknowledgement slip.
Print your acknowledgement slip.You will need this for the final verification.
All submissions are FINAL. Please be sure to review your information thoroughly before you submit.
NOTE: Deployment would be done based on your selected state of residence.