Recent 2015 News/Events Updates from University of Nigeria (UNN)
Nigerian Scholars wishes to share with you some of the latest articles from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN). Official Hand-Over of Construction Site By the Faculty of Engineering to the UNNCONSULT for the LNG laboratory Construction (Photo). GOOGLE SUMMER OF CODE 2015 Application commences March 16 to through March 27, 2015 Have you ever ... Continue Reading
Nigerian Scholars wishes to share with you some of the latest articles from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).
Official Hand-Over of Construction Site By the Faculty of Engineering to the UNNCONSULT for the LNG laboratory Construction (Photo).
GOOGLE SUMMER OF CODE 2015
Application commences March 16 to through March 27, 2015
Have you ever heard of the Google Online Summer of Code? Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program that offers students stipends to write code for open source projects. A great developer or passionate techie student in today’s world does not live in the Cave. The great ones we know enjoy collaboration, diverse cultural mix-up, no language barrier, great communication and love growing together at scale and that is what GSoC helps in achieving.
It will be super exciting to see African students participate in the ongoing GSoC 2015 though official application starts on March 16 to March 27, 2015.
Based on feedback gotten from some African students, they see GSoC program as a highly competitive program and not meant for them when compared to other participants from other regions of the world. They also believe that the GSoC application is challenging and very difficult to get in.
Yes! Somewhat they are correct and that is why we have setup a unique community on G+ called GSoKites Virtual Classroom to bring all interested students willing to apply for GSoC 2015 to join and also subscribe to this mailing list . Students will be guided on everything they need to know before applying for GSoC by March 16th, 2015.
Students who join will:
– Enjoy thorough preparation class ahead of the official application GSoC date
– Tips, great information and articles, advices and experiences will be shared by past GSoC students.
– LIVE hangout sessions by at least one organization who has participated in GSoC telling students all they need to know when applying, what they are looking for from students.
– Simple projects will be shared so that interested students will learn beforehand how to engage in open source code collaboration, reviews, comments, feedback etc.
Do not miss this awesome opportunity as a student who is interested in real world open source development.
– Please share this with your developer/techie/interested and passionate students.
– Let them Join the GSoKites Virtual Classroom
– Let them Join the GSokites Mailing list and
– The whole show unfolds in the virtual classroom.
The Fulbright Visiting Student Program: Junior Staff Development (JSD)
“The Fulbright Visiting Student Program: Junior Staff Development (JSD)
The call for application for the above mentioned program is out. The applications opened on February 1 and will close on May 1. It is for academic staff who are at least two years into their doctoral program in any discipline at a Nigerian university or research institute at the time of application.
For more details, please go to the following website for the objective of the program and the eligibility criteria:
Interested persons are advised to go to the following website to apply:
Engr. Dr. Chigbo A. Mgbemene
Coordinator Fulbright Alumni Association of Nigeria Nsukka Chapter”
Details of Mr. Emmanuel Ukala Scholarship Fund
Value of the Scholarship: The value of the award is N60, 000. 00 (Sixty thousand naira) only.
Tenor: One Academic Session (2014/2015 session).
Conditions for the Award
1) Proof that you are a student of University of Nigeria.
2) Provision of evidence of payment/ non-payment of last school fees.
3) Submission of signed copy of award conditions and declaration.
4) Withdrawal of award if the information provided by you before, during and after the interview is or are false.
5) Agreement to comply with the conditions of the award.
6) Award must not be used for any other purpose except what it is intended for.
7) Your 2014/2015 session results must reach the Committee at the end of each semester.
8) Must obtain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 if running an undergraduateprogramme.
9) Must not have exceeded the maximum duration of programme, for postgraduate students.
I …………………………………………………….., a student of Department of ………………………………….., hereby declare that all the information provided by me during the process of application, screening and award for this Scholarship Fund are true and valid. I accept that if at any time it is discovered that I misled the Committee to obtain the scholarship, I will refund the funds fully.
See more updates from: