Socialism is a mode of production based on
QuestionSocialism is a mode of production based on
A) state state ownership of the means of production
B) collective ownership of the means of production
C) national ownership of the means of productions
D) mixed ownership of means of production
The correct answer is A.
Socialism is an economic and political ideology in which there is collective ownership and control of the means of production, distribution and exchange by the state in the interest of the people.
From the definition, it should be noted that the state controls the means of production, distribution and exchange.
A look at some of the features of socialism will also establish the state ownership of means of production and they are as follows:
1. There is usually a single recognized political party.
2. The economy is centrally planned and controlled
3. Factories, land and other means of production are owned by the state
4. It encourages equality, social justice and provision of welfare services.
More Past Questions:
- English Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge
- Literature In English
- Agricultural Science
- General Paper
- Islamic Religious Knowledge
- Further Mathematics
- Current Affairs
- Civic Education
- Computer Studies
- Home Economics
- Sweet Sixteen
- Fine Arts