In the question below choose the option opposite in meaning to the word in capit...
In the question below choose the option opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters:
The military Governor UPHELD the decision of his cabinet
The correct answer is D.
This question is about finding a word that means the opposite of "upheld" in meaning. "Upheld" here means that the military governor supported or agreed with the decision of his cabinet. To find the opposite meaning of "upheld," we need to look for a word that means the opposite of "supported" or "agreed with."
Let's look at the options given:
- Option A: "held up" - This is similar in meaning to "upheld" and is not the opposite.
- Option B: "undercut" - This means to undermine or weaken, which is not the opposite of "upheld."
- Option C: "maintained" - This is similar in meaning to "upheld" and is not the opposite.
- Option D: "abolished" - This means to put an end to or get rid of something, which is the opposite of "upheld." This is the correct answer.
- Option E: "reversed" - This means to change or turn something around, which is not the opposite of "upheld."
Therefore, the correct answer to this question is Option D, "abolished," as it means the opposite of "upheld."
More Past Questions:
- Christian Religious Knowledge
- Literature In English
- Agricultural Science
- General Paper
- Islamic Religious Knowledge
- Further Mathematics
- Current Affairs
- Computer Studies
- Civic Education
- Writing and Language
- Home Economics
- Fine Arts
- Basic Accounting
Abolished is the correct answer
I want answer all questions
The correct answer is C
upheld means to stick with ones sayings or belief will reverse to take it back
i also agree to abolished
am in support of the answer (abolish)
I think Reverse is the answer. Abolish seem too hard. Reverse here means to revoke... a law.
upheld can be defined as a confirmation or support given while abolish means to end something or like a ban so what i am trying to say is that abolished is the correct answer
Use upheld in a sentence. verb. Upheld is defined as that a decision was confirmed or supported. An example of upheld is when a court case is appealed and the judge says the original court was correct.
Uphold means to confirm or support (something which has been questioned).
I want to answer every question before I get corrections