NYSC: Cost of Online Registration Reduced
The NYSC scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war. The unfortunate antecedents in our national history gave impetus to the establishment of the National Youth Service Corps by decree No.24 of 22nd May 1973 which stated that the NYSC is being established “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity”.
After several months of deliberations, the National Youth Service Corps has bowed to public demand by reducing the cost of online registration for prospective corps members.
This came as it noted that henceforth graduates of Medicine who have yet to complete their housemanship and register with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria would not take part in the one-year service scheme.
The organisation’s decision to reduce the online fee was reached during the NYSC’s stakeholders conference in Abuja, while its Director of Press and Public Relations, Mrs. Bose Aderibigbe, announced the housemanship registration exercise in a statement on Monday.
The NYSC is however silent on the amount the prospective corps would pay.
The service also agreed that conscious efforts should be made to carry out more sensitisation on the online registration to the potential users.
The online registration, it added, would facilitate easy printing of call-up letters just as it would help in online application and relocation of corps members from one state to another.
Meanwhile, the service also resolved that as from 2015 Batch ‘A’ Service Year, mobilisation of prospective corps members would be effected on the basis of quota/carrying capacity of each institution as approved by the respective regulatory bodies. (Courtesy – www.punchng.com)
See more updates from:
- UNIMAID NYSC Pre-Mobilization List for 2018 Batch A - 20 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Admission List Released for 2017/2018 (Batch B Added) - 20 hours ago
- FUTO Notice to 2017/2018 New Redistributed SMAT Students - 21 hours ago
- UNN Postgraduate Screening CBT Schedule (Supplementary III) for 2017/2018 - 21 hours ago
- UNIPORT Notice to 2017/2018 Newly Admitted Students on Orientation and Matriculation - 21 hours ago
- FUAM Sandwich Admission Details For 2017/2018 Contact Session - 2 days ago
- IAUE NYSC Mobilization List for Batch A, 2018 Senate Approved - 2 days ago