Nottingham Developing Solutions Master Scholarships for International Students 2015.
“The University of Nottingham shares many of the characteristics of the world’s great universities. However, we are distinct not only in our key strengths but in how our many strengths combine: we are financially secure, campus based and comprehensive; we are research-led and recruit top students and staff from around the world; we are committed ... Continue Reading
“The University of Nottingham shares many of the characteristics of the world’s great universities. However, we are distinct not only in our key strengths but in how our many strengths combine: we are financially secure, campus based and comprehensive; we are research-led and recruit top students and staff from around the world; we are committed to internationalizing all our core activities so our students can have a valuable and enjoyable experience that prepares them well for the rest of their intellectual, professional and personal lives.”
Applications are on-going for the 2015 Nottingham Developing Solutions Master Scholarships for International Students from Africa, India and some Commonwealth countries.
In order to encourage academic excellence, aid diversity, develop relationships with sponsors and offer real financial assistance in cases of hardship, whether individually or by region, the University of Nottingham International Office offers a comprehensive and expanding range of scholarships.
Celebrating over 10 years of the Developing Solutions scholarship scheme, the University of Nottingham, UK is offering 105 Masters scholarships for a global future for students from Africa, India and some commonwealth countries to study for masters degree at the university. The Developing Solution Master Scholarships are designed for students who want to make a difference to the development of their home country.
Fields of study
Full-time Masters degree programme (including MRes) in one of the areas of study:
• Faculty of Engineering
• Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
• Faculty of Science
• School of Geography – courses related to the area of Environment
• Institute for Science & Society – courses related to the area of Science
• Business School – courses allied to Operations Management
• School of Law – MSc Law and Environmental Science
A total of one hundred and five (105) scholarships given out every year – 30 of which are FULL (100% tuition fee) and 75 of which are PARTIAL (50% towards tuition fee).
Citizens of (or permanently domiciled in)
• India, and
• the following Commonwealth countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Western Samoa.
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
• are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India or one of the countries of the Commonwealth listed above;
• AND are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes;
• AND have not already studied outside of your home country;
• AND are not currently studying at a University of Nottingham campus or are not a University of Nottingham graduate;
• AND already hold an offer to start a full-time Masters degree programme (including MRes) at Nottingham in September 2015 in one of the areas of study (see ‘Fields of study’ above).
Application Procedure and Deadline
To apply to this scholarship, you must have applied to a course of study and hold an offer for a masters degree programme at Nottingham. And you must also be eligible (see ‘Eligibility’ above).
It is important to visit the university official website via the link below for complete details on how to apply for this scholarship, to read important ‘Scholarship Terms and Conditions’ and finally to access the Scholarship application portal.
The closing date for scholarship applications is 24th April 2015 – 12 mid-day (UK time). Applications for scholarships may be submitted up until the closing date.
Application for admission to study at Nottingham must be received at least 3 weeks before the scholarship closing date to allow time for Nottingham’s Admissions office to process the application and confirm your offer, before you can apply for the scholarship.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants for scholarships must first have applied for and obtained an offer of study at Nottingham for September 2015.
Official Scholarship Website –