NAOC 2014/2015 Tertiary Scholarship Scheme FAQs
About Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) operates in the land and swamp areas of the Niger Delta, under a joint venture agreement with NNPC (60%), NAOC (20%), and ConocoPhillips (20%), with concessions lying within Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States. The concession covers a total area of 5,313sq.km comprising ... Continue Reading
About Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC)
Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) operates in the land and swamp areas of the Niger Delta, under a joint venture agreement with NNPC (60%), NAOC (20%), and ConocoPhillips (20%), with concessions lying within Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
The concession covers a total area of 5,313sq.km comprising four blocks – OML 60, 61, 62 & 63.
NAOC is also the operator of two onshore exploration leases, namely OPL 282 (90% interest) in the Swamp and OPL 135 (48% interest) in the Land area.
NAOC also holds 5% participating interest in SPDC JV with NNPC (55%), The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) (30%), and Total E&P Nigeria (TEPNG) (10%), with SPDC as operator of the joint venture.
Below are the frequently asked questions about NAOC Scholarship:
1. How do I apply for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship Scheme?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the NAOC Tertiary Scholarship Scheme?
There are two award categories: Host Communities Merit Award and National Merit Award.
The Host category is only open to applicants from Host communities while the National Category is open to applicants from Non-Host communities.
3. I am not from a NAOC Host Community; Can I apply for the Host category? NO. Your application will be void if you apply for the wrong category. You are advised to strictly apply for the national category if you are not from the host community
4. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship? The Host Communities Merit Award Scheme is open to applicants in any course of study. The National Merit Award Scheme is open to only applicants studying Engineering, Geology and Geosciences.
5. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained admission into a recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
6. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
7. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
8. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
9. How do I create my profile?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click NAOC Scholarship to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
10. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you to confirming it.
11. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to question 10 on how to do this.
12. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don’t have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
13. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
14. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
15. I cannot find my course of study in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your course of study is not on the list, send an email to email@example.com stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added.
16. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org You can visit your profile to view the status of your application.
17. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.
18. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
19. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
20. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is 9th March, 2015. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline
21. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award category that apply to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and provide all the required documentation
22. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility requirements section.
23. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
24. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?