The National Business and Technical Examinations Board was established in 1992 to domesticate craft level examinations which were hitherto conducted by City & Guilds, Pittman’s, and Royal Society of Arts all of UK in accordance with the provisions of the National Policy on Education. Its establishment was the climax of an evolutionary process which spanned 15 years from 1977 to 1992 and in which FOUR Government Panels at different times were set up to review the place and structure of public examinations in our educational system.
The National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) has released the results of the 2014 November/December National Business Certificate (NBC)/National Technical Certificate (NTC) and the Advanced National Business Certificate/Advanced National Technical Certificate examinations.
The Registrar and Chief Executive of NABTEB, Dr. Olatunde Aworanti, who made the announcement, said that a total of 45,725 candidates scored five credits and above including English Language and Mathematics, representing 67.01 per cent in the NBC/NTC examinations, as against the 36.64 per cent recorded in May/June examinations.
Aworanti explained that a total of 77,588 candidates enrolled for the examinations which was held in 1,951 centres worldwide.
The Registrar, also noted the rate of enrolment was still below expectation, in view of the nation’s quest for rapid technological development as well as the vital role of technical education in the country.
He said candidates can now check their Nabteb Gce results online by following the steps listed below;
See How to Check Your NABTEB Result:
1) Visit the Nabteb Online Result Checker website via the link below;
2) On the space provided, Enter your Candidatate Identification Number (e.g. 38001178)
3) Select the Type of Examination (i.e. NOV/DEC)
4) Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year (e.g. 2014)
5) Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card. The Card Serial Number has an alphabet prefix followed by digits (e.g. N123456789)
6) Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card (eg. 012345678912)
7) Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up.
Alternatively, You can check your nabteb result by using your mobile phone.
Send an SMS in the format below:
NABTEB*ExamNo*PIN*ExamType*ExamYear To short-code 32327
To check for Nov/Dec results,
Note: Ensure you adhere strictly to the format above. There should be no space in the message.
Wait for your result to be delivered to your mobile phone via sms.
Remember: Do not use a card that has already been used for another candidate. Do not enter an invalid e-mail address for result to be sent as this will penalize you by deducting your card use.
Good luck from Nigerian Scholars Team